Caribou Gear Tarp

What’s the worst item you’ve lost?

In 1992 a tackle box with all our trolling lures in it.
We were rushing around loading our gear to go salmon fishing on lake Ontario at midnight.I carried the gear out to the boat setting it on the transom and my brother was inside the boat putting it in the cabin.
Drove 5 hours,ate a good breakfast, launched the boat,found a big school of baitfish and got ready to set a dipsey and ...where's the lures.
Brother says he doesn't remember putting it in the cabin.
I know why.
WHY did I set it on a step on the trailer instead of the transom?

I left one trekking pole on the side of a mountain somewhere. I was so tired I did not notice. ONE pole. You can't just buy one, so now I have 3 poles...this breaks my spirit in ways I hat to admit.

With all the gear we take hunting, it seems it’s inevitable before we lose something. I’m curious what is the worst thing ya’ll have lost?

For me, I was doing pretty well until last year when my holster with my Glock 19 came off somewhere in the first two miles on the trail. I was especially bummed since we were going into grizz country. I like to think someone found it and is using it rather than just sitting in the woods.

With all the gear we take hunting, it seems it’s inevitable before we lose something. I’m curious what is the worst thing ya’ll have lost?

For me, I was doing pretty well until last year when my holster with my Glock 19 came off somewhere in the first two miles on the trail. I was especially bummed since we were going into grizz country. I like to think someone found it and is using it rather than just sitting in the woods.
Left my bugle in a rush to chase a bull. Somehow on the way back I stumbled across it, so, I guess I actually didn't lose it! Lol.

An odd loss happened to me thirty years or so ago. I was elephant hunting up on the Caprivi when a government official informed us we had to stop our hunt and take care of a problem cat. The leopard was not a man eater, just hanging out around groups of huts sneaking chickens, a few goats and an occasional dog. Just trying to make a living. During the process of my killing the leopard I got mauled and during the sorting out of the event my cowboy hat gotten left at the scene in the middle of nowhere. We discovered this after walking back to the lorry and I refused to drive to camp without it and sent one of the trackers running a half hour back to the mauling spot to retrieve my favorite chapeau. It was nowhere to be found. It is the hat I am wearing in my app photo to the left. Somewhere there is a cool looking local in a loin cloth or a strange looking hyena one of them wearing my custom hat. Kindest Regards

Left my bugle in a rush to chase a bull. Somehow on the way back I stumbled across it, so, I guess I actually didn't lose it! Lol.
Forgot about this thread. I actually lost my gps this year on an elk hunt 🤦🏼‍♂️ Retraced my steps and found it!

An odd loss happened to me thirty years or so ago. I was elephant hunting up on the Caprivi when a government official informed us we had to stop our hunt and take care of a problem cat. The leopard was not a man eater, just hanging out around groups of huts sneaking chickens, a few goats and an occasional dog. Just trying to make a living. During the process of my killing the leopard I got mauled and during the sorting out of the event my cowboy hat gotten left at the scene in the middle of nowhere. We discovered this after walking back to the lorry and I refused to drive to camp without it and sent one of the trackers running a half hour back to the mauling spot to retrieve my favorite chapeau. It was nowhere to be found. It is the hat I am wearing in my app photo to the left. Somewhere there is a cool looking local in a loin cloth or a strange looking hyena one of them wearing my custom hat. Kindest Regards
I think we would all like to hear more about this mauling 😳

Lost a pair of vortex diamondback binos after leaving them on the bumper on a WY antelope hunt. During first season CO Elk this year my javelin bipod got snagged by a bush or something on a hell hole hike.
Oh no, that's terrible news about your Javelin bipod! I'm a rep for them and can help you out. PM me and I will give you a discount code if you want a replacement 😀

As painful as it is to admit this, I drove off yesterday after an antelope hunt and left my rifle laying next to the truck. I had my son with me for a first hunt ride along, and in the process of getting him loaded it was the forgotten item. Drove back an hour later and it was gone. Near Lavina,MT if anyone happens to hear anything. A family gun, which doesn’t make it any easier 😩
I get to close my story with a good ending. The suggestion to contact the sheriff paid off, as the rifle was found and did end up getting turned in. I picked it up this afternoon and I am beyond grateful/thankful/relieved. Also, found a good antelope to put my tag on in the unit last week on another drive looking for the rifle. Good ending all around.

Back