Whats the funniest thing....

D

Dick Reece

that's happened to you while predator hunting ? It can be anything,heck,it can even be on a deer hunt,I just chose predators because that's what this section is mostly about.

I mean,what's the funniest thing,or weirdest thing you've seen an animal do while hunting ?

Once, while on a man hunt at the local bar I saw a guy lap dance my mother. I later married him.

I know I know.. It's got nothing to do with predator hunting, well not really, but if you saw some of the dogs that were chasing me you would have considered it to be a real sport.

Love, Rave

It was the 1st yote I shot. It was about 200 yards with a 243. As my brother-n-law approached the 1/2 dead yote, he put a 30-30 in him to finish him off. I drug the limp carcuss about 600 yards over the hill to the truck. I pull him by his front and back legs and even had him over my shoulder.
Well, I throw him in the back of the truck. I got all my stuff put away and my brother-n-law was still working on his. I happened to look up and the darn thing was standing up.I can't remember how we got him out of the truck, but I do know one thing my brother-n-laws eyes got as big as a 55 gallon drum. We ended up killing him-DEAD! FINALLY!! How I didn't get bit I have no idea.
So, that is probably what gave me this passion for coyotes.

SONG DOG

Brother called me up to take my dog out and track down 2 coyotes that had run off with the drags.
My dog finally found the first one and I shot it between the eyes, carried it back to the truck , before I left I checked it real close to make sure it was deceased, then it took another hour to find the other, when I got back the dog was gone!
read in the local paper a coulpe days later that the fire dept was called to dispatch a coyote that was sitting on a guys front porch acting strange....I wonder.........

Called in a white poodle once... I am not kidding either. I wont go into the ending....

We always call in elk got some cool vid on that.

One day we were calling for a particular lion that was in the area. we set the vid camera up to look straight ahead... about 10 mins into the calling the whole forrest started shaking and moveing. then it broke loose.. we had a bunch of deer probally 25+ jump right into the middle of us....

called in numorious squirrels. They get to be a pain and sit right at arms reach screeching at you....

ME and A buddy who wasnt into hunting but liked to go, went calling bobcats... we were in a real rocky area... we put the tripod on a flat rock behind up and sat on the bolder about 10 feet in front of us... We knew for a fact where these cats would come out.... SO calling and calling then a few fox's showed. didnt want to shoot them cause we knew about some bobcats in the area.. well about 30+ mins went buy and those fox's got kinda tempting... I shot and killed 2 using a 22 mag at about 15 yards... later that night we came home and sat down for some pizza and wings and to watch the tape... and wouldnt you know it between us and the vid camera was 3 more fox's. one was standing right next to where my buddy was sitting. neither of us had any idea till that night ... it was pretty cool....

Oh yeah and I am sure more of you have done this . called in other hunters... if fun when your all camo'd up and they come sneaking in....

There are many many more but those stick out in my mind right now

Delw

I've had deer run over me, back door thing,,,LOL it will scare the chit out of you.

Also was calling coyotes in the desert south of Boise about 6 years ago, no dogs showed up and after about 30 min I got up and started for the truck, all at once a lion steped out of the sage brush at 12 yards. you will feel like a chunck of baccon when you look into a set of eyes with a big cat hooked to em.

sly

Heres those elk videos... They got pretty close under 10 yards with a squeeler varmit call.. dont know if sound works cause I dont have speakers on this pc...

http://www.del-mart.com/movies/elk123.mpg

http://www.del-mart.com/movies/elkvid3.mpg

the files might take a longer time to load on a dial up....

the movies are loading on my server now so in about 10 mins they will be done. Noone is here anyhow right now
Delw

Well,here's one of mine,and I've got quite a few of them.My last lab,and my second best Lab amongst all the labs I've owned,trained,and hunted,was a big black lab named Bullet.I raised him from a pup,and he was easy to train,and a joy to hunt and own.

About the third Time I took him hunting it was with a bunch of friends.We separated in order to sneak up on a flock of Canadas and jump shoot them.They were almost in the middle of New River,but just enough towards our side to still be in range.Well,when it was over, I'd got lucky and scored a double,can't remember if my buddies killed any or not,most likely they did. I sent old bullet out for mine one at a time. I was teaching him to bring them all the way to the bank,by backing up about thirty yards till I was on the river bank,as he swam towards me. When he got to me,he dropped it, and humped it for about 10 or 15 seconds, then turned and went after the other one.When he got to the bank with it,he did the same thing,just pouring it to that poor ol dead goose till I made him stop.

My buddies got a real kick out of it,and started razzing me about how he must've learned that watching me with my "boyfriend".Seems all hunters like to call each other queer for some reason.Anyway,this razzing went on all day,my only defense was when I'd tell them that Bullet was so smart,that that was his way of telling them that goose hunting really turned him on!

Anyhow,I waited till I knew both my buddies,Tim and Eugene,weren't home.Then I called each of there wives and told them to tell there husbands when they got home that I had called and said "Bullet had been asking about'em".This finally shut them up.
Bullet had a real problem,he'd hump decoy bags full of decoys,spare tires,whatever he could find
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I always trained my labs to walk about five feet in front of me or heel to me on the riverbank side,so if I miss seeing a duck that's holding tight,they'll smell it and let me know it's there. Anyhow,the three of us had met up after walking the riverbank from opposite directions,sandwiching the ducks between us.We were heading back to Tim's truck,with Tim in front,bullet in front of me,me behind Tim,and Eugene behind me.We were about 30 feet from the edge of the river bank,on a 4 foot natural berm. Well,before you knew it,ol' Tim slipped in the slick mud that was everywhere because of the rain, and had barely begun sliding towards the rivers edge,when ol' Bullet jumped on him and went to humping like crazy!! Bullet rode poor Tim all the way to the water's edge,just giving him everything he had.Tim was cussing and schwarping,trying to get on his feet! If I could've gotten that on video,I'd have won the 100,000$ prize on AFV!

I once called in a hippie homo that was jogging in the desert. He told me my call sounded like a wounded owl and that he was coming to help it. Then once I told him I was calling coyotes, he got real offended and asked if it was legal. I said yep perfectly legal, but you are trepassing on state trust land and I am calling the sheriff. He did not believe he was not allowed to be there. I said next time you come through the gate read that little sign that says "No Trespassing, hunting and fishing allowed with valid license". When he left I waited til he was gone for about 15 seconds just barely out of view and then let the 12 gauge rip 3 times really fast. He probably peed his panties, and I never did see him out there again.
biggrin.gif

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back