What's on the smoker today?

Jumbalaya! Zatatarans mix, smoked yard bird, shrimp, venison bologna, peppers, tomato, corn from the garden. Salty, crust bread. Cold beer!
View attachment 231386
Curious about the venison bologna. My step dad's buddy gave us some venison hot dogs he had processed up near Madison somewhere. Best hot dog I've ever had and I'm close to Chicago.

Curious about the venison bologna. My step dad's buddy gave us some venison hot dogs he had processed up near Madison somewhere. Best hot dog I've ever had and I'm close to Chicago.
I've made some venison bologna using the Cabela's seasoning mix. Turned out pretty good!

No pic but my lovely bride is smoking a brisket, her first, today on the pellet to keep busy. I've been doin' them a long time and I promise hers will be better than any of mine.
Follow up & PSA...a reminder to myself and fellow pellet lazies...clean the smoke stack intake. Ours was completely obstructed with cement like smoke crud making the smoke back up and escape around the lid crack and even coming out of the pellet box...therefore, no heated smoke passing over the meat. Had to finish in the oven...not flavorful and not tender.

My bad for neglecting routine maintenance. Unbelievable how a 3+" inlet can seal itself with smoke residue. Gonna need a chipping hammer.

Follow up & PSA...a reminder to myself and fellow pellet lazies...clean the smoke stack intake. Ours was completely obstructed with cement like smoke crud making the smoke back up and escape around the lid crack and even coming out of the pellet box...therefore, no heated smoke passing over the meat. Had to finish in the oven...not flavorful and not tender.

My bad for neglecting routine maintenance. Unbelievable how a 3+" inlet can seal itself with smoke residue. Gonna need a chipping hammer.

does kinda make you think twice about how often you should be eating smoked meat...

5yA0.gif

Me and my family LOVE the Mississippi Pot roast. Usually just do it in the crock pot but today smoked the chuck roast for three hours then into the Dutch until 203 degree internal. (About 5 hours) It was was a whole new level of goodness.

Attachments

• 2A449B91-F34C-43F3-AE1E-48A0FB6C4F7F.jpeg
    2A449B91-F34C-43F3-AE1E-48A0FB6C4F7F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • FE0AF36B-E031-41AB-BB2E-C46A661A3844.jpeg
    FE0AF36B-E031-41AB-BB2E-C46A661A3844.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Me and my family LOVE the Mississippi Pot roast. Usually just do it in the crock pot but today smoked the chuck roast for three hours then into the Dutch until 203 degree internal. (About 5 hours) It was was a whole new level of goodness.
Looks good I’m going to have to try that

My butcher’s sad excuse for a “brisket” on a 1/4 cow I bought early this year. It was just under 4 pounds. Although it was labeled a brisket seems like it was just a flat... or half of a flat I guess. Tasted good, was juicy but not quite as tender as I would have liked. The benefit was it cooked in like 4 hours at 225. (Rendered some the fat trimmings for tallow to pour on before I wrapped it.)
I started chopping and smoking/rendering my brisket fat. I usually end up with half a quart mason jar of smoked tallow. I use it to baste my brisket before I wrap it and also use it when I’m cooking super lean game and need more fat. Big game changer.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back