What 'ya eatin' for New Year's Eve?

Not gonna lie, not gonna make midnight. Tonight is chicken wings, along with a couple cold beers, or some brandy. Tomorrow we continue our tradition of chili, 4 or 5 different batches, some chicken, some beef, some bambi,some pork, for new years day. If anybody is in the boise area, and wants to come over, send a pm, I'll send the address.

Barely felt like eating the last few days with this covid crud, but when mom called and said she was bringing over some cabbage rolls I found my appetite! I made a pot of peas and cornbread to bring the meal to perfection. Praise the good Lord I didn’t lose my taste, this is pure southern comfort on a plate right here!
20BB4CB4-22B7-4456-8CBB-B7018EA7A256.jpeg

@TheGrayRider that mountain lion backstrap looks good. Wonder if I could do the same thing with a bobcat?

We were supposed to go ti a German restaurant in towards Chicago for dinner, kids were going to grandma's. Instead the three year old spent last night in the ER with bronchitis. So it's beer and shrimp cocktail at home tonight. Wishing all of you guys a healthy and prosperous new year! This one's for you @gussyfarm
View attachment 207320
Wiping a tear from my eye. We had some dumb Leinie flavor on the shelf here in MT today. I said, if only it was the original.

I’m about to go get into a burger and some Coors products at Flipper’s here in Missoula for the big NYE meal.

The GF has big plans for some mule deer chorizo chili in the slow cooker for tomorrow though.

Wiping a tear from my eye. We had some dumb Leinie flavor on the shelf here in MT today. I said, if only it was the original.
Btw if they have one kind of leinies that means they can get original if you ask them to order it for you they usually will.

Barely felt like eating the last few days with this covid crud, but when mom called and said she was bringing over some cabbage rolls I found my appetite! I made a pot of peas and cornbread to bring the meal to perfection. Praise the good Lord I didn’t lose my taste, this is pure southern comfort on a plate right here!
View attachment 207330

@TheGrayRider that mountain lion backstrap looks good. Wonder if I could do the same thing with a bobcat?
Bobcat and mountain lion taste similar. Garlic, butter, and bacon are the secret ingredients. Happy cooking…

The fam got their pick of what they wanted to grill. The two year old wanted shrimp. The 4 year old wanted chicken. Mom and dad wanted some elk backstrap. All that together with a salad. We all ended up sharing and loving it. Happy New Years everyone!

Our NYE tradition is to cut up the leftover Xmas ham and make sandwiches on Kaiser rolls with Swiss cheese and a sauce that combines mustard, mayo and slaw dressing with minced onions and peppers. 15 minutes in the oven gets the rolls crispy and everything melted together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back