What were your worst caliber/rifle choices

Come to think of it I did have one rifle I wished I'd never bought. I'm a Remington fan and when the Mod 7 came out i got one in 223. hands down the worst rifle I ever owned. A good group with it was just over 3" at 100 yds! Had a beautiful wood stock and I cleaned it out and bedded it with the barrel floated from the action forward, no good. Bedded under the chamber, didn't help at all. Solid bedded the whole thing, still wouldn't shoot. Wrote a letter to Remington telling them and got a letter back saying the groups I was getting met their standards! Swapped it off and a gun show for an AyA 12ga straight across! That was my first AyA and Now I have three more! You couldn't give me a mod 7 these days!

Once traded for a 58 call. Black powder 30" barrel. Shot it once. Traded it for a Black powder pistol. Still think about the bruise.

25 WSSM....cool idea but could not get that thing to shoot like I wanted, trigger work, bedded the action, even re-crowned the barrel just never came in good, so down the road it went...

Only had one rifle that couldn't live up to my expectations. Remington Mod 7 When they first came out in 223. Most inaccurate rifle I've ever owned. Bedded it twice trying to get it to shoot. Sent Remington a letter and told them about it and they wrote back that 3" groups at 100yds was exceptable to them. Beautiful rifle to look at but didn't shoot well at all. Have had several 223's and while none of them shot with my 222, they all went 3/4" or better at 100yds. It wasn't the cartridge and I doubt it's ever the cartridge. Someone mentioned the 256 Win. Bet in a rifle set up to shoot that cartridge would shoot. Problem was they were made for hunting, not target shooting!

Mine was probably a Henry Long Ranger in 6.5 Creedmoor. The rifle was beautiful and would have made me a happy man, but it didn't group with anything I put in it, including handloads. Traded it a few months later for a gun I sold for a gun I own now.

I see a trend... People buy 300 WM or 338WM in a light weight setup. Then can't get it to group and say it kicks hard...

My cousin bought a 300wm for an elk trip we did 5 years ago. He couldn't get it sighted in because it was shooting 12 moa at 100 yards. I got behind the rifle and shot 3 rounds within 3/4 MOA. I've come to realize people think they aren't flinching when they really are. 95% of the time when I see someone with a magnum they can't get to group, it's the shooter.

I have an old bolt action .22. No idea what it is or where my grandpa got it, but one day it was sitting in the corner and he told me to take it. Well it shoots. But it doesn't eject without using a knife to pop the old case out. Makes a good .22 for the trapline now!

Howdy. No doubt for me here. It was a Browning BLR in a .358 Winchester. It couldn't hit the side of a barn at 100 yds. Seriously! It didn't matter what load, powder, or bullet grain. I never had any idea where each round was going. I think Browning gave me a very poor barrel. The action worked fine. Sold her....

1976 Mossberg 12ga pump. No quality control. Had three break at barrel to magazine attachment in less than a total of one hundred rounds. Purchased at sporting goods store that just kept giving me a new one when they broke. After three I paid a little more and got a Remington 870 that still runs great

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back