What to look for.....

PeteTheBeat

Hey ya'll, I ve got an antelope hunt in central Wyoming planned for Oct 20th to the 25th. I assume we will probably finish earlier and have a day or two to kill before the Pheasant/Quail opener in Nebraska. My buddy and I decided we might try and take our first sharptail or possibly even prairie chicken in Northwestern Nebraska before heading south to our pheasant destination. The problem is I don't know what the hell I'm looking for as far as cover and places that might hold birds. I've heard water and lightly covered hills above it but this seems vague to me. Is there something as far as a water source/Food/Cover combo I should be looking for specifically as I would for pheasants?

Not necessarily. Sharpies commonly fly long distances at certain times of day and may be found a fair distance from water. They frequent cut wheat fields but I focus on native grasses because they thrived here long before humans changed the landscape and they seem more abundant.

Not necessarily. Sharpies commonly fly long distances at certain times of day and may be found a fair distance from water. They frequent cut wheat fields but I focus on native grasses because they thrived here long before humans changed the landscape and they seem more abundant.
Awesome, we will see what we can get into. I appreciate your input.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back