Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What States Have You Hunted

WI (prev home state)
IA (current state)
SD
KS
NE
WY

I get out with the dogs alot for upland game but manage a couple of Big game trips every year.

I have bought in-state tags in these states Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA (current)

Have also hunted WY, MT, NE, NM, and AK

Plus Namibia and Canada.

Need to add Mexico

VT - Deer, bear, & turkey (previous state)
Texas- Deer, hogs, exotics (current state)
AZ- Mule deer

This year adding
CO Elk
WY Antelope

There is a principle in micro economics... which I can't remember right now. That states something to the effect of; the top 20% of users of a product are responsible for 70% of total sales. So your bottom users is buy a car/bike/wine/guns/comic books/etc once in a while, but your power users are buying a ridiculous amount. Think Jerry Seinfeld and cars, your average american spends probably 100-200k on cars in their lifetime... he probably has spent north of 200 million.

People who join hunting forums are probably in the top 1% of hunting license users. So essentially you are seeing an incredibly distorted view of normal hunting license buying patterns.

Hell I bet 99% of the residents hunters in the state of Montana don't know that nonresidents have to draw a tag.
One thing not to over look. Like my self i turn 40 this year and i have 14 states. Now out of the 14 states i lived in 9 of them. I have only hunted 5 states with out of state lic. People move around a lot.
I have seen a lot on here statements like (when i was in college or in the military) that covers a lot of time in ones life. And some of us that have moved go back to our home states to hunt.
Some thing to think.

One thing not to over look. Like my self i turn 40 this year and i have 14 states. Now out of the 14 states i lived in 9 of them. I have only hunted 5 states with out of state lic. People move around a lot.
I have seen a lot on here statements like (when i was in college or in the military) that covers a lot of time in ones life. And some of us that have moved go back to our home states to hunt.
Some thing to think.

Great point.

Back