What Sous Vide do you use for euros?

Carl 9.3x62

Looking at getting a new sous vide machine. Not sure if mine is junk (cheap one on Amazon, weisserstein) but it keeps shutting off and giving me an error code when I use it to cook skulls. The water level is fine, but I think the machine keeps getting gunked up or something, as it seems to work fine after I clean in up and let it dry out. But it does seem to be getting worse. Anyone else have similar issues with theirs? If not, which sous vide do you recommend? I would rather not spend more than about $120.

So far just fine. Only four euros though. Are you covering the top of the tub with plastic of some sort to help keep moisture off it?

63 bucks when I bought. Looks like it’s out of stock, might be hard to find it, I dunno…

So far just fine. Only four euros though. Are you covering the top of the tub with plastic of some sort to help keep moisture off it?

63 bucks when I bought. Looks like it’s out of stock, might be hard to find it, I dunno…

Thanks for the info. I had a combination of aluminum foil and cooler lid covering the tub, but it definitely allowed moisture to escape where the sous vide sits. So maybe it does get moisture inside of it causing the alarm. I hadn't thought about that, thanks.

I use the ChefSteps (formerly Breville) Joule, the same one I use for cooking. Only complaint is that you have to use the app for temp control.

Amazon:

Sous Vide Cooker, Wancle Thermal Immersion Circulator, with Recipe E-Cookbook, Accurate Temperature Digital Timer, Ultra-quiet, 850 Watts, 120V, Stainless Steel/Black.​

I paid $49 "used" cause box was broken. I run a big tank so i have a propane burner to get water up to temp faster and then run this. Has a removeable sleeve over element so i just rise it off after. Probably better choices but works good for me. Always "used" is best from amazon for stuff like this, saves a ton and if doesnt work just return it for free.​

Definitely sounds like moisture, I’ve had the issue before, nicer machines are better sealed, but you can mitigate it by really sealing the container.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back