What Sitka Jacket for NW Montana?

sra61

I won a little drawing on here last year and won a 90% Jacket. I wear that thing all the time! I wore it the whole trip last week in the Breaks for our elk. I even wore it to sleep in when we were spiking out because my sleeping bag was a little light for the temps. I have decided to drop some coin on some more Sitka stuff. We do a lot of stillhunting in the timber in snow looking for whitetails up here. I am wondering if anyone has tried the Coldfront pants and or Jacket? I think they sound like they might work for our late season deer hunting. Any opinions?

I have the coldfront jacket and pants. It pretty solid gear and 'everything proof'. Then again for the price, it should be! I wear a kelvin light jacket under when it gets cold. In reality, if you don't want/need waterproof, either the jetstream or stratus are good too. Add a kelvin lite and you good for a wide range of temps.

I'm thinking of going a size up on the jacket and the advertised size for the pants. The stuff does seem to run a little tight, and I usually don't need much more than a pair of poly pro long johns on my legs. I kind of like the idea of waterproof, because we often are in brush and snow and covered from head to toe.

Back