Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What should i ask for grazing fee's??

schmalts

I recently purchesed 120 acres in NW AR (carroll county) and it has about 35 acres of pasture on it. Someone is running cattle on it and i need to talk to him and ask what he plans on paying me for the grazing rights. Does anyone have any ideas of what i should charge? where i can find out what to charge? Any help would be a great help. Schmalts
I am headed down there this weekend and will take a few pictures of the retirement home site.... That put me in hock up to my ears. :eek:

The going fed. rate is $1.43. :rolleyes: I would aim a little higher. haha...

It was good talking at you today. Best of luck with NM and hopefully it is two tags this season.

Originally posted by mtmiller:
The going fed. rate is $1.43. :rolleyes: I would aim a little higher. haha...

It was good talking at you today. Best of luck with NM and hopefully it is two tags this season.
MTMiller,
I was gonna go there... That is funnier than Hell! $1.43 doesn't feed my cat.... How much does Axl eat per month?

Schmaltz,
Call the Extension office or County Agent, and the guy there might have a good starting point for your local area. It kind of depends on how long they will be able to graze for the year, how much work they have to do? (are fences in? is there irrigation?) Who pays for water?, etc..)

The $10 figure in Florida was likely a per head, per month figure, not a per acre per year number.

Elkgunner, do you rent or lease grazing acerage or pasture? :confused: In Tennessee I got fifty dollars per acre per year.

What the rent would be depends on the quality of the grazing. How many acres of land does it take to carry a cow in this area? In the midwest, 2-3acres might produce enough grass for a cow for the summer. In rougher climates is might take all 35 acres to feed a cow. The gov figures of $1.43 is probably animal units per month. The low price is because there are usually no improvements. Livestock owner has to supply fence, water, corrals,ect. Is there any fence, water,ect on your land? My suggestion is that of ElkGunners, talk to your county agent.

Thanks for the info, i will try to call the extension office. The old lady said she let some guy do it for free because he kept the place up. Not sure what that meant because there was no buildings on the property so she was throwing money away in my opinion. I dont need anyone watching it too much since there is no buildings and i would require the renter to take care of all fencing anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back