Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

What is your favorite breed of hound?

josh

I have hunted just about every breed of hound,some I like better than others. We now use mostly walkers on coon here, they tend to run a track faster than the oters, Really important when you are surrounded by limestone bluffs that the coon just love to hide in! I will always have a softspot for black&tans though!

English all the way baby!Do you all get the Coonhound Bloodlines,or the American Cooner magazine.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

Josh-I use almost every breed, or cross thereof that works!! If they dont work they get a bullet!!! I have redbones black and tans wlkers, and I had a plot male that just had a stroke and I had to put him down. I have had bluetics, english, bloodhounds. I just sold a little redtick female and a redbone male in texas. I am not really into any certain breed, just into the dog performing!!! I like them all!!!!!!! I used to get Full Cry, even had a lion hunter write a story in it on a lion hunt he did with me back in 1996 I think! I have let most of my subscriptions expire as most of it turned into advertizements!!!! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

All the dogs I have right now are registered walkers, I had a blackmouth cur, but he was run over and killed this fall. Im not really into the regestered thing, its just the way things have worked out! Most of the dogs I have owned were crossbreds of some sort, the best hounds I have ever hunted were either crosses or of unknown orgin.

They have Sweetin's sunset seth, & Hustlers pride in em', a buddy and I have been line breeding them for some time.

I've only hunted with a handful of registered dogs over the years, and they didn't prove anything over the crosses. Any breed can be a good dog, I've seen it. Right now my dad runs (all crosses) a walker, two black and tans, one redbone, one bluetick and a plott.

It seems like the plotts have been grittier on bear, but that is definitely not a rule. I likem all as long as they hunt, and if they dont, like Bcat said, they should go down or at least get fixed.

Josh good to see ya on the forum! Stick around and tell us some stories. Post some pictures of dogs or game we all would like to see pics and read stories!bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Back