Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What is your chukar hunting gun and load?

Idaho Ron

Last year I used a Weatherby 20 ga for everything. On the last two weeks of hunting I used a Remington 1100 LW 20 ga. I got to say I liked the auto a bunch. Having more than two shots was a big bonus. I used 1 ounce of #6 shot at about 1200 fps.
Ron

Ron I have a Rem 1100 LW 20 Ga. I love that gun, I have had it since I graduated H.S.,24 years. A couple of years ago I sent it to Briley's and had a choke system installed, that gun is awesome on dove and quail.
I guess my Az chukar gun is a Rem 870 Supermag in 12ga. My loads were 1 1/2 and 2 ounce 6's. I have only shot two wild chukars in Az. The Supermag was the gun I was using at the time. Good Luck this fall, look forward to seeing your pictures and reading your stories, JLG.

12 guage Beretta auto with the plug in. My theory is that I will take more time with my shots since I only have 3 shots......I still miss more than I hit.

I like the high brass 7 1/2's.

Ithaca Model 37 (naturally) 12 ga. and Remington Nitro 27--- 7 1/2s , 1 and 1/8 oz. No plug in Idaho. I'm always trying to get 5 birds on the covey rise. :D Only pulled it off a few times!

[ 07-21-2004, 14:49: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]

Thanks! I'll have to pick up a box. I used the only 20ga shells I had last year for forest grouse (#4s) and they did a bit more damage than I'd like. Sure dropped them though! :D

I'll either be packing a Browning 20 superlite w/ english stock and 24 bbls, shooting handloaded 7/8 oz of 7 1/2 or
a Beretta Silver Pigeon 28 ga shooting handloaded 3/4 oz of 7 1/2's. I assure anyone that the 28 works just fine. Contrary to some I only take 2 birds from a covey and move on to find a new one.
WD

1-pointer, I tested some winchester super pheasant 2 3/4" with 6 shot. I think that is what they are called. They are copper plated and I think 1300 FPS. They are great factory loads. A lot of the guys around here use them. I only use reloads. My guns don't get fouled with factory loads

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back