Caribou Gear Tarp

What is you call and carry gun?

1. What gun do you use when you call?

Either an AR-15 in .223 or stainless synthetic Win mod 70 in 22-250

2. What caliber do you have?

uhhh....223 or 22-250
smile.gif

3. What caliber do you want for your next call gun?

Probably another 220 Swift to replace the one I sold. I also wanted a .243 but the Ruger .243 I bought last year is lacking in the accuracy dept. I've tried a bunch of different loads with no success at solving the prob. I like the way it handles just doesn't shoot though.
frown.gif

Curt what rufer did you get in .243 and what type of bullets you shooting?

I have a bunch of ruger(both in m77's and #1's )243's and all shoot under 1/2" 100 yards using balistic tips

Delw

Hi Delw, it is the M-77 stainless. Nice short handy rifle. Shoots about an inch most of the time. Maybe I'm being too picky.

Bullets I used are Horn 87 gr BTHP, Sierra 85 gr BTHP, Horn 75 gr spire HP and V-Max, Speer 75 gr TNT, Speer 85 gr SP.

The Sierra and Speer TNT were the least accurate for me. Which is weird because I use Sierra HPs in my 22-250 and .223 with great results. It was the one I really wanted to work in this .243. Oh well, maybe it just needs to break in more. Got about 150 to 200 rounds through it is all.

Take care, Curt

Got a safe full of weaponry, but the three that see the most use each season are, a Ruger 77/22 hornet, T/C carbine in 17 ackley hornet and my time honored custom 17 Rem.

I shoot a Savage in 22-250 with a new trigger job and cheap Tasco scope.

What will be my next purchase? Whatever they have in the "here after", because I will die shooting this one. I only need one rifle.
biggrin.gif

And don't let anyone tell you what caliber to shoot. You shoot whatever you want - whatever works for you.

Bruce Quote: And don't let anyone tell you what caliber to shoot. You shoot whatever you want - whatever works for you.

Damn Bruce you don't know how refreshing it is to read that on a coyote board
smile.gif

remington vs 220 swift. 50 grain noslers@ 4100 fps. leupold 4.5 to 14. foxpro, and a few different howlers. Next? maybe a 243 ackley with a 1 in 12 barrel?? we will see.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YakCountry
Back