What is this growth?

Caseknife

This buck showed up this morning, and late buck opens on Saturday. Haven't seen this buck around prior. He looked and acted healthy, but the growth looks to be the size of a volleyball and didn't appear that it was solid, more fluid filled. Wonder what caused it and how would one go about avoiding a rupture if this buck happens to show up after the season starts?IMG_0497.jpg

Concur. Most likely what is called a “hydrocyst” or “seroma”. Typically the body’s response to some sort of traumatic injury, almost akin to a really big blister. Should be filled with serum- mostly clear, maybe straw-colored to pink fluid. This is in contrast to something infected, which would contain that oh-so-pleasant smelling white, yellow or green pus.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much if I harvested something like this, but I might just verify that the fluid was in fact clear and didn’t indicate an infection. Anything white, thick or stinky is bad.

Implants. Looks like they’re starting their transition. Can’t shoot them because they don’t Identify as a buck. And to everyone referring to them as “he” or “buck” please mind your pronouns before I report you to the administrators.

Implants. Looks like they’re starting their transition. Can’t shoot them because they don’t Identify as a buck. And to everyone referring to them as “he” or “buck” please mind your pronouns before I report you to the administrators.
You are mean and full hate

Back