Caribou Gear Tarp

What????......I MISSED!!!

FLIPPER

Now that I posted what the kids did last weekend...I will tell my opening day story.

I had been watching 8 different bucks, one of them P&Y class, and several does in my front yard for about 10 days prior to opening weekend of bow season.

So last Saturday, opening day, I got off work at 6pm...drove home at very fast pace, no speeding involved :rolleyes:, ran in the house, changed clothes, grabbed the bow, grabbed the tree stand, ran across the field, climbed the tree, and it is now 6:20pm.

Sat there sweating profusely, it was 84 degrees :eek:, only 12 yards from the white oak the deer had been feeding under. Sure enough here came a small 4 point, he came right in and started feeding. I sat there contently and patiently watching him and here came a BIG 8 point. He too came right in, but now this 4 point is standing directly under my stand, my sweat dripping down on his back, but finally I got the chance to draw my bow, settled 20 yard pin a little high on his shoulder, he was standing at 27 yards, squeezed my release, arrow flying true, straight towards his shoulder.......KUWACK......he spun and ran about 80 yards across the field and stopped, then turned right and went up the field, then I lost sight of him. Feeling good about the shot, I climbed down and started looking for my arrow.....NO ARROW!!!....NO BLOOD!!!

Searched until 11pm.....nothing :(

And still no DEER!!!

Aw, happens to the best of us! ;)

Good luck next time out, Flipper!

Oak

Flipper,sorry you didnt find him.
The worst feeling is thinking you hit one had not finding it.
I hope he comes back for another shot.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back