What Happened to Some of Ithaca's Posts?

Yo BHR. this country was founded on different points of view. and i am sad to learn that you are sick and tired of listening to them. not everyone is blinded by the far right,a.k.a the (Factor). you seem to be a puppet for his views. I'm sure you can make up your own mind without any help from( Bill). " those who hollar the loudest, usually have the least to say"

Yuke,

I'm not too proud to say I'm sorry when I've made a mistake. Thanks.

Brushy,

I like to listen to all points of view. I'm sorry Bill's point of view doesn't sit with you. Based on you posts I can see that would be the case. What I'd like to know from you, is why do you hate your country so much, and why do you continue to live here? Be honest.

Paul

I am tired of the "You must Hate your country because you do not have the same politics as me" BS. Then the "If ya dont like it,leave it" lameness. I didnt see any of the people spewing this garbage leave when Slick Willy was Prez.
rolleyes.gif

Everybody is allowed to have their own ideals and thoughts. If ya dont like that then you should leave because that is what The United States of America is about.

Maybe a communist country or a dictatorship is what you would like?

If we dont watch it this country might be one soon.

If you were one of the persons in this in this country that was not exactly overjoyed to hear that saddam was captured (and there were many, be honest) then you really need to think long and hard about what makes you feel this way. Disagreeing with your countries direction is one thing, wishing it to fail is entirely differnt. If you can't distingish the rhetoric between the two, I don't know what to say.

Ithaca's excitement about some sage grouse dieing of West Nile Virus in a post from the past is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Think about it.

Here is brushy's first comments in the saddam is captured topic.

"Yup, G.W. is on his way right now for a photo op. Maybe Saddam will tell junior where the WMDs are"

Does he sound happy for his country?

Here's a question for all of you that did not support this war. If WMD's are found and links to al Qaida are proven, how many of you will change your position. How many of you will finally admit that the Bush Administration did the right thing in invading Iraq and over throwing saddam? Anyone?

Paul

I think Nut makes a good point, I bitch all of of the time to anyone who will listen about those F#%%%ck$%@ing illegals, but i also write letters/e`mail etc. I LOVE this country and all that it is. Don`t think for a second that because i complain that i`m not Patriotic, sometimes those that bitch are trying to preserve a way of life, that seems to be slipping away,I think we all have the best interests of the USA in our minds/hearts, it doesn`t mean we have to agree with each other on how to deal with our countries problems, as much as i disagree with Buzz/Ithaca/Gunner/etc. on atv`s [for example] i know that they do care about hunting and the environment and the USA. sometimes the ones who screem the most are the most passionate/patriotic. and we all can learn a little or alot from another point of view.

You are right Paul, there are some people that won`t change their mind no matter what, and that shows narrowmindness [IMO]. But they are still entitled to do that. I was speaking in general on my previous post, and as for me i`ll tell you that regardless of WMD`s that asshole Saddam had to go, they should have took his ass out way back in 93 [desert storm] think of how much money would have been saved, invading kuwait and setting all those oil fires was enough reason to get him back then, This prick [saddam insane]is/was a monumental catastrophy waiting to happen, I`m glad he`s done! and i do agree that there are some democrats that didn`t like the new`s. They SUCK, Anyone who would put their personnel agenda ahead of whats good for the country [playing politics]pisses me off. but they all do it [including GW BUSH]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BHR:
Disagreeing with your countries direction is one thing, wishing it to fail is entirely differnt. If you can't distingish the rhetoric between the two, I don't know what to say.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont believe that they wish this country to fail. They might not agree with the policies and directions by the current congress and administration and speak their mind. That is allowed with Freedom of speech. (Want to live in a very liberal Democratic dominated city once? I would be in jail by now for speaking my thoughts like I do and they believed what some others do
wink.gif
)

QUOTE]Originally posted by BHR:

Ithaca's excitement about some sage grouse dieing of West Nile Virus in a post from the past is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Think about it.
[/QUOTE]

I went back and read that thread.

WTF do you mean by excitement?
confused.gif

BHR, "Ithaca's excitement about some sage grouse dieing of West Nile Virus in a post from the past is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Think about it."

Prove it, you simpleton, by giving us the exact quote and a link to it. Give us a link to the whole topic, too, so everyone can see that you're a liar.
biggrin.gif
The problem is, BHR, you're incredibly stupid and now you're verifying it again. I'll be waiting for the link and your apology, again.

Paul,

How can you support Bush on Foreign Affairs? He is an absolute failure.

CAn you explain why you are all excited about the Iraq invasion, but not calling for similar actions against:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>North Korea
<LI>Iran
<LI>Syria
<LI>Rawanda
<LI>Liberia
<LI>Pakistan
<LI>Mynamar
<LI>Indonesia
<LI>Canada
[/list]

Have to disagree with ya gunner, How was he an "Absolute failure" ? Saddam is history, and so is Bin laden, IMO Iraq/afganistan have a chance at a future, where they had no future before.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Yes you make a good point Gunner, but we can`t kick everyone ass <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then how do we decide? The only thing Iraq looks like it has over the other countries listed (North Korea Iran Syria Rawanda Liberia Pakistan Mynamar Indonesia Canada) is Oil reserves and opportunities for Halliburton to make money.

We'll see how Paul can explain this....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Here's a question for all of you that did not support this war. If WMD's are found and links to al Qaida are proven, how many of you will change your position. How many of you will finally admit that the Bush Administration did the right thing in invading Iraq and over throwing saddam? Anyone?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll bite. I hope they find WMDs and can prove the links to al Quaeda, as that would restore much of my faith in the system. My biggest gripe, is that I feel the American public was lied to in regards for the justification used for going to Iraq. That is my biggest problem with going to Iraq. The money being invested after the fact only adds further sting to the lie, IMO.

Conversely, if WMDs are not found and the links to al Queada not proven, where does that leave us? Even more money spent on an investigation to the 'real' reasons for going? What would the supporters of the war think if it was proven that they were lied to?
confused.gif

Why does it have to be 100% correct or "a lie?" Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe (just maybe!) they had intelligence and made the best possible guess as to what the intelligence meant, but their guess was wrong? It's easy to sit back in your armchair, with no real knowledge of what facts and figures were used to arrive at this conclusion, and say "HE LIED!" Or maybe really some people just want to make political hay out of the situation. No, surely that's not it.
rolleyes.gif

Furthermore: They just pulled the man himself out of a crypt-sized hole in the ground. This is a living being that took food, water, and urine removal to support him for 8 months, and they just now found him. Isn't it possible, maybe, that these WMD's are still out there to be found in similar holes, needing none of those facilities to support them while hiding from their enemies? Or maybe some people can't let the WMD thing go because they're using it to make political hay. No, that can't be it.
rolleyes.gif

Gunner, I believe we've discussed your question of other countries before.
wink.gif

Dgibson,
And the answer was _______ ?

And in light of the recent charges against Halliburton, it sure looks like the US Military has become a sub-contractor for Oil Inc.'s Business Plan.

You know, invest a few million in Election campaigns, and then tell Bush who you need invaded, and how much you will charge (or overcharge) the Government for delivering Gasoline and Food to the troops.

I have no problem with War for Oil, but please, let's just call it what it is. If we cared about Human Rights, we would be in other countries. If we cared about WMD, we would be in other countries.
rolleyes.gif

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rcb2000
Back