Taste of beets

• Dirt

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • Sweet

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • Me no eat vegetables

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
If anyone has ever been by that beet factory in North Dakota you will never forget it. My recollection is it's somewhere between Fargo and Devils Lake. What a horrendous smell.

I AM BEET KING!

Make sure your women don’t follow me on instascam. My shirtless photos will most likely make them physically ill and they’ll be turned off for the rest of their lives.

I agree with the earthy taste but is not a dirt flavor. I think they take on a taste of what they are grown in. Hadn't had beet in a long time so I grew them one year. Cooked a bunch for dinner one night and got the scare of my life the next morning as the bowl had a red tinge to it. Thought I had ruptured an intestine. Took a minute to remember the beets.

My grandmother and mom would on occasion make borscht. Borscht is a traditional soup hailing from Russia and Eastern Europe. It wouldn’t be borscht without beets. I loved it!
To me, they don't taste like dirt or sweet. Beets taste like beets. Good and healthy. I buy sometimes for me, Mrs Bearfoot does not care for beets.

Never heard anyone say they taste like dirt before. News to me.

I have only had fresh roasted beets once but I enjoyed them. Otherwise have just had pickled beats a couple of times.

Cooked, pickled, raw, harvard & cold all good I eat them every week. Red Ace is like eating candy way better than Detroit Red

I put sweet because I love beets. But really it’s both.

And maybe I’d say “earthy” rather than like dirt. 😄

Mushrooms are earthy too. There is something very satisfying about eating something that tastes of the earth.

Similarly, a good oyster tastes like the ocean without being fishy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back