WHAT A YEAR 06 is turning out to be.

Whiskers

Right now I am pretty excited this year has been great. 1st I got all my Dad's guns, something I been trying for years to do. 2nd (in order only) I have my first grandchild, Kelsey Marie, two weeks old today. 3rd, my sister after many years of fighting with her, has finally paid me All the money she owes me. Now for the 4th great thing (I think that has happened in the last 8 weeks or so) Background first. I was born and raised with 3 brothers, and a no good sister :mad: in Central Penna. The house I was born in was in Mifflin county back in the woods, with no running water. We lived there until I was about 10-11 years old, then moved to town. The house we lived in then became a hunting/fishing camp. Over the years my Uncle (a great guy) bought it off my parents. He kept it as a camp, and lived there most of the year. Even tho he had multiple rental properties in town, and a nice home of his own. My cousins and I hunted it out of it all our lives. In 2000 my Uncle passed away and left everything to his only child, his daughter. She lives about 60 miles away and was never interested in the place, but she didn't want to sell it. Even tho, I begged her to sell it to me. She put one of my other cousins who lives closer in charge of it. Thats when the problems started. 2001 was the last year I hunted out of that camp due to his turning into being a power hungry theiving asshole. In 2003 a big storm blew up the valley and toppled a couple of big trees, one of which hit the building, busting the porch off the back and doing someother minor damage.
Last summer, my oldest son, bought a camp about 7 miles past the old homestead. During the fall Muzzleloader I was going up to his place, and saw for the first time the condition of the place. It broke my heart..almost 50 years of good memories, and the place is falling down. I took some pics and sent them to the cousin that owns it. She was very upset, she has been paying for repairs on this place that were not getting done. I told her then I would buy it. She said, she was afraid she would piss off the rest of the cousins. Monday night she called, and asked if I would buy it off her. I jumped for joy, and that ain a pretty sight. I agreed, and called my 3 brothers to tell them, they were estatic, and begged to come in with me. They didn have to beg to hard. The old homestead is ours, back where it belongs. The only problem is we are going to have to demolish most of it, and rebuild to make it usable. WHAT A YEAR.

Back