What a week...

MarvB

Well here we are making national news again for the second time in a week.. :( ..we've now had two fires within a half hour of where I live- each over 10,000 acres in size. The first burned over 80 homes (and 20 other structures) but is now pretty well contained. The second is out of control and has left a small neighboring town totally evacuated and 20 homes destroyed so far.

...and its only supposed to be 102 degrees tomorrow...looks like the bow opener this weekend is gonna be a smokey one....

Just curious as to where you are in Cali, Marv. We have had a number of small (1,000-4,000 acres) fires around here. Matter of fact they stopped one right on the other side of the 1 lane road my mom lives on. By the way, these were all around Angels Camp.

t_k...I'm up in Redding. They got the one fire contained and expect the second to be contained by Friday- both at +/- 11,000 acres. It sucks for a lot of these folks as we had a 26,000ac fire not too long ago that raised hell and left a lot of families homeless.

Are you down in A-Camp or just your mom? Was through there last year (usually once/twice a year) on my way back out of the park. Saw a
:eek: huge :eek: buck just outside of town crossing Hwy 41.

Im here in Angels Camp and my mom lives up near Arnold. (Up Highway 4 from here) My grandparents used to have an olive orchard up in Orland and I remember the heat up there and I know that can't be fun when it comes to fires.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back