Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Were do you keep them?

hntrjohn

Do you keep your dogs, in kenels? Tied up under a tree? Run around the yard loose, or in the house?

John

------------------
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world"

Cliff Burton

John-All of the above!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I keep some of mine on a chain, some in kennels, and when a dog gets old, and has done his job for me his whole life, and it gets cold out , they get the priveledge of coming in the house. We let the puppies run around some when they are under a year and they tree the barn cats, learn all about the hazards of porkupines, and skunks, and ocasionally a badger or a den full of weasels!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html
www.huntandlodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

All of the above for me too! Usually I let them run around the place, unless they stat runnin too far.....then they go in the kennel...

bcat-I also think it is a good idea to let them experience things as a pup, but when you let them run as pups, I have found it is really hard to lock them up, They really HATE to be confined once they are used to freedom....
biggrin.gif

My dogs are in chain link kennels.Several reasons.One is I live right in town.I have a big yard with a stockade fence all around that gives me and the dogs some privacy.It also gives the dogs less to bark at.LOL
I have had bad luck with dogs getting loose off from chains.I would hate to see my dogs running down main st.
One thing that is a pain in the a%% with kennels is keeping them clean.It is alot easier when the dogs are tied out to just rake the crap into a pile.

I own a place in town too George! We lived there for a few years, and it was problem with all the town dogs and cats running at large, and my dogs tied up. Got in a few battles with the town over dogs that got loose and treed the neibors cat right in their yard!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Happened a few times. The barking got to a few of them, and the dogs only barked when a stray cat would come by. I finally told everybody close to me to keep their cats home that I was setting traps and would let the dogs stretch every cat that I caught!!! Was easy to catch them with a live trap and then we would train puppies with em and let em stretch em out. Took about a month and the barking stopped. I guess we either wiped out the cat population or the people decided to keep what was left of their cats home!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Needless to say we left town and rented the house out!!!
biggrin.gif
bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html
www.huntandlodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads