Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

went to lake pleasant july 3rd 2004

Delw

July 3rd is when they have the big fireworks show at lake pleasant the lake was jammed packed.
people leaving the lake had traffic from the bar (approx 8 miles)on 99th and carefree to 1/2 mile south of the lake pleasant turn off.
then there was the 1.5-2 hour wait at the boat ramp to get on the water. there had to be 100-300 boats sitting waiting for trailers just on the 10 lane its self.

while I was getting the boat ready to launch i started talking to this guy next to me, seems his buddy tossed him the keys and said get the truck. he didnt know how to back up. the guy was a little nervious , so I told him I would do it for him.

I got him all backed in and kurt had the cajun in the backed into the water. I jump into the cajun and kurt just starts to take off, when all of a sudden this huge boat on the back of what seemed to be a little truck just starts rolling backwards(why the idiot drove half way up the ramp then gets out of the truck is beyond me) anyway kurt guns his truck to miss the boat and truck slidding down the ramp. the guy that I backed the truck up for just got into the drivers seat and this vehicle and boat was sliding down the ramp right towards him. I saw him go to the passenger side then open the door on that truck pretty fast, they finally got the sliding truck stopped about 5-10 feet way.

so at the ramp waiting for kurt to walk down I see this wild looking boat, nothing Like I have seen before had a nice paint job probally 20-24 feet long nice and sleek. well the guy jumps in the boat and fires it up , Holy crap, it sounded like a marine harrier taken off. andit was just at idle, everyone at the boat ramp stopped what they were doing to watch this thing.
the guy had a turbine engine in this boat(aka jet motor).. Wish I could have gotten a better look.

once we got pass the cove that leads into the 10 lane the lake was pretty much quit.

we had a real desent night on the water wile we didnt catch numbers we did catch some real quality fish, when we decided to move I figured it was about 2:30 am-3:00am WRONG it was 4:30am, so we stayed for the early am bite(which was another hour of fishing)

no didnt take the camera ;)

Delw

LMAO Bill....
Imagine that....
no didnt take the camera
Sounds like a great time, maybe you didn't catch much because the fish were busy watching the show and wanted to take a break from the hooks of life... :D

:D

Watching the boats ramps are a spectator sport. You will see things at boat ramps that nobody will believe.

Nemont

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back