Weekend sambar hound hunt

S13tsilvia

Unfortunately covid lockdown stage 4 has not allowed me out for a few weeks but our crew who are in the stage 3 areas got out and had a cracker of a day, we got 5 for the day with these 2 stags being taken. The team has about 15 dogs all using garmin collars and the crew was made up of 5 people today. We normally have up to 10. A walk of about 1km found fresh marks and the dogs were let in and then split up and deer went everywhere. The one on the right went around 28inches and was chased for about an hour before crossing a saddle and being taken by Sam. He also shot a spiker as well about 15mins before this big boy came through.
The smaller stag 24 inches was shot in about 15 mins coming back down a ridge directly at Marcus being pursued by a small group of dogs.
A beautiful weekend I was told and I'm spewing the lockdown is stopping me from getting out

Attachments

• IMG_20200830_111931.jpg
    IMG_20200830_111931.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 31
Beautiful bucks, any pictures of the hounds? Do you use slower beagle/basset hounds or something faster like Walkers? Enjoy your trophies

Harriers are basically a foxhound I think. Those are beautiful deer, enjoy your trophies.

Back