Weekend Libations

What’s your go to?

I gotta say I’m a bit underwhelmed with the beer selection here in Wyoming. Haven’t found a local brew I couldn’t live without.

Seasonal, gotta say that Sierra Nevada’s “Celebration” gets me in the holiday spirit every year.

As far as daily driver, I don’t really have one.

As much as I hated living in Washington, them weirdos sure could brew some beer. Elysian brewing and Fremont brewing some of my favorites out there.

Only half kidding about the Spotted Cow, it’s not “bad”, I just don’t know that it deserves the cult-following it has.

Cheers!

I gotta say I’m a bit underwhelmed with the beer selection here in Wyoming. Haven’t found a local brew I couldn’t live without.

Seasonal, gotta say that Sierra Nevada’s “Celebration” gets me in the holiday spirit every year.

As much as I hated living in Washington, them weirdos sure could brew some beer. Elysian brewing and Fremont brewing some of my favorites out there.

Only half kidding about the Spotted Cow, it’s not “bad”, I just don’t know that it deserves the cult-following it has.

Cheers!
Idaho is getting ready to put up the fence to keep Washington out. Better get used to some good Montana beer.

that is fair. I really like Fat Squirrel that is also from New Glarus but I can never find it unless I go to an actual liquor store.
Have you been to the New Glarus brewery? Well worth the time if you're in the area.

I took a customer there for the tour a while back...reminds me I should do that again sometime. :unsure:

I'm actually not huge on Spotted Cow..IPAs typically just aren't my thing.

Their Wisconsin Belgian Red is really good for a summertime brew.

Is spotted cow an IPA?
Farmhouse ale is what it says on the can.

Have you been to the New Glarus brewery? Well worth the time if you're in the area.

I took a customer there for the tour a while back...reminds me I should do that again sometime. :unsure:

I'm actually not huge on Spotted Cow..IPAs typically just aren't my thing.

Their Wisconsin Belgian Red is really good for a summertime brew.
I have never been. It’s about 2 hours from where I live. I’ll make it there one day.

Is spotted cow an IPA?
Fair question...and, no. Not sure why id say that...For whatever reason I remember it as being more hop-forward than it probably really is...and hoppy beer tends to give me an instant headache these days. Maybe I need to give it another shot.

I AM, however, correct that the brewery tour at New Glarus is time well spent! :)

Cheers!
Wyoming is kind of a beer desert. There are good breweries but they don’t distribute far. Gotta find a good standby like a Banquet and just always keep your eyes peeled for new stuff to show up.

Wyoming is kind of a beer desert. There are good breweries but they don’t distribute far. Gotta find a good standby like a Banquet and just always keep your eyes peeled for new stuff to show up.
There’s a lot in Evanston but I think that’s to fuel us drunks who drive up from Utah.

Cheers!
Maybe you should head back to Washington to look for a good “local brew”.

Having a beer in Melstone, was pretty sick all week and stuck on the couch.
I did go to work this week, but other than that I’ve been on the couch pretty miserable all week and everything finally broke and I feel great so I was super wound up and couldn’t stay another moment in the house so I just pointed the truck north and let the road take me wherever.
This is one cool place
IMG_6102.jpeg
IMG_6101.jpegIMG_6103.jpeg

Time to get the weekend started! Yee Yee !

Also Sage Newman is from Melstone , one of the best Saddle Bronc riders in the world right now
IMG_6104.jpeg

Last edited:
Having a beer in Melstone, was pretty sick all week and stuck on the couch.
I did go to work this week, but other than that I’ve been on the couch pretty miserable all week and everything finally broke and I feel great so I was super wound up and couldn’t stay another moment in the house so I just pointed the truck north and let the road take me wherever.
This is one cool place
View attachment 314911
View attachment 314912View attachment 314913

Time to get the weekend started! Yee Yee !

Also Sage Newman is from Melstone , one of the best Saddle Bronc riders in the world right now
View attachment 314915
Cool bar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back