Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Weather change coming

wytex

Hey all, we have a major weather change coming to Wyoming this weekend in to next week. Colder temps and precip potential. Be prepared, if hunting the mountains, for snow and below freezing temps. The plains roads could get pretty slick too with rain and or snow.
We're looking at temps down into teens in Laramie next week. Bring those cold weather clothes with you.
Hoping it gets the elk moving in our area.

Mrs. has a deer tag for Eastern WY. We are driving the 6th, hunting the 7th-13. Absolutely horrible forecast, hopefully it will change by then. Planning to sleep in our "wheelhouse ice-shack" as a camper but may end up in town of Lusk far a day or two if it gets terrible. Planning to go on a camping trip and if a deer runs into a bullet it will be a bonus :)

I recognize this post is under the Wyoming forum - but Montana, specifically SE (the mystical, magical region 7 mecca it is) is due for the same stuff according to extended forecasts. Them lope hunters are gonna' see their tires and boots expand to many times their normal size...…..

I feel weird saying it but 70*/40* and sunny for the last 1.5 months was getting kinda old.

Weather had certainly been nice for the garden but I guess it's time, but I was not expecting a 20 degree night for Monday. Yikes, time to turn the heater on.

And yes some great tip from WYTEX as I suspect those second week deer/antelope hunters in much of the state are going to be in for some challenges if they were watching the temps the last couple of weeks expecting nice weather. Please be prepared.

Muskeez unless your wife likes being punished by the weather I would find lodging alternatives as I know my wife would never come back if I made her deal with what's in the forecast from the inside of an ice shack.

Same for parts of Colorado. I'm headed to the eastern part of the state for pronghorn and am planning on sleeping in the truck. Might have to grab a hotel a night or two if I get too cold.

Back