Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

WAY TO GO LYNX!!!!!!

D

Deerslayer

YEAH BABY!!!!! Several miles of snowmobile trails have been shut down in RMNP because Lynx were sighted! LOL...I think that is great! Those joy riding snowmobilers are having a fit!LOL...I think that is funny as shit!

Several hundred machines normally tear through there obliterating everything in sight.......but WHOA NELLIE!......we have a Lynx spotted, so shut down yer engines boys!...pack it up and find another wildlife habitat to tear through.
hump.gif
....mark one up for wildlife!hehehhehe
fight.gif
...now, let er rip gang..tell me how we all lose on this one.....

Here's the story:

"Rocky Mountain National Park plans to close Trail Ridge Road to snowmobiles next winter, but will leave open a route to 100 miles of Forest Service trails."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/state/article/0,1299,DRMN_21_1771808,00.html

Here's what the snowmobilers say!:

"We shouldn't have anyone telling us where we can and can't go," he said."

http://www.thedailycamera.com/bdc/county_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2423_1772067,00.html
How ya gonna deal with that kinda mentality! Think he rides an ATV?
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-02-2003 18:47: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

Do they still do the same with bald eagles?
Shut down areas arounf the nests, etc...

Lost again down here in AZ they shut an area about 4x4 miles around a bald eagle nest....

Delw

Ithaca.....my guess is he probably rides anything with a big engine and can get him from A to Z in a hurry.....regardless of the consequences.
rolleyes.gif

My gripe with this particular faction is this. It ain't enough that they already have hundreds of thousands of miles to ride on for enjoyment.....they want more. They want the very best wildlife habitat we have....ie. Rocky Mountain National Park. I mean, isn't the point to see just how fast you can go and how much shit you can tear up compared to the next guy on one of these rigs?. At least the ones I see each weekend up there must think so. So let's designate some specific areas and quarantine the destruction. We do it for hunters, so why not snowmobiles. I can't go hunting in the park....the animals rights come first there. Well so it should be concerning ATV's and snowmobiling as well. Parks and winter range should be protected. The stress put on these animals in critical times such as winter can be substantial. Let them have their fun.....but let's consider the wildlife as well.!

Sorry Oak!.......Pug Blocan Outfitters, Trucking and Lumber Industry......I assumed everyone knew
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back