Waterfowl hunter

Mr. Outdoors

Hi Guys; I'm new to this site, but I hunt waterfowl. Mostly geese, some ducks. Our season starts here on Oct. 20th. We have pits in farmers soy bean fields. We have two floating blinds on tidal water. And we have hundreds of acres of private corn fields to hunt. The snow geese will be here by the thousands very soon. The canadian season opens a little later in the year. We use shells, and floaters in the fields.
We do the same for the snow geese, but we use Texas rags also, which I personally don't care for. But they do put numbers to a spread. I shoot a Browning Gold Hunter 3 1/2" wetlands camo, with a super full extended choke tube in a 28" barrel. A good goose knocker downer. #1 and #2 steel shot.

Welcome Mr. Outdoors!!!!!!

I prefer to hunt geese, but since there are ducks around the house and the geese at least a couple hours away I spend most of my time doing that...

Down here we use the rags as well, but spruce up our spreads with some flying decs, and some hard shells. It really depends what the birds require to get them in... Do ya'll have the special snow goose season at the end of the season where you can use electronic calls and unplugged guns?????

Look forward to visiting with you.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm also new to Moosie's Hunt Talk. I do enjoy waterfowl hunting. I'm heading home to North Dakota on Oct. 22 to hunt ducks, geese, and pheasants. Can't wait! I haven't been home for a fall hunt for years. I did participate in the spring snow goose hunt two of the last three years, had some exellent shooting!

Mr Outdoors..... and JaimieAK....

WELCOME ABOARD 'MATES !!!!!! I don't visit the Waterfoul section to much (I'm mostly Big game) But I saw that y'all posted here and Wanted to Give you a BIG WELCOEM !!!

Any questions Fire them to me [email protected]

Welcome aboard !!!!

Welcome to Moosie's
MR,OUTDOORS
WorthlessNut and me we waterfowl hunt.
not a lot we like to hunt deer and turkey the most.

MR. Outdoors and JaimieAK

Welcome to Hunttalk

Happy posting !

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriel Knight
Back