Yeti GOBOX Collection

Water Holes

Dead Head

What do you think the best times of the day is for sitting around water holes? Is there a good time or is it just when ever they want to come in for a drink..

I hope that didn't come off wrong. My experience is that I have not seen a trend (poor term). They can show up at any time during the day.

Is it difficult to pattern the same buck though? in the very limited lope hunting i've done i noticed last year that one specific group of antelope were coming to water between 10 and 11 am. Where i hunt there is no shortage of water so they would hit different water holes if a blind was set up on what appeared to be thier favorate.

We were able to put up a trail camera to find out. Most of the pics of bucks coming in were anytime after 5:00. We knew this and on the two days we sat it we waited. The first day 8 hours of waiting before the first one came in at 6:00. The second day 4 hours of waiting before the first one came in at 5:00.

If you can't hang all day I would sit morning till 12:00 and 4:00 to evening. That seems like the trend I have noticed when the animal is most active.

This one came in at 12 noon. The one I missed on opening day came at 6:45pm. Buglers times seem to be about the same thing I have seen.

P1020461.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reedgar
Back