Water containers with spigot, tough enough to live in the back of the truck

TwistedSage

I've been using the 7 gallon blue water containers from Wally world that have the spigot cap. Super convenient to have at the truck for all of you water needs, the spigot is especially nice for cleaning hands, cookware, birds, anything where hands free metered water flow is needed.. I've averaged less than a year for those wally world containers, the sun out here just makes them so brittle they eventually just crack.

Anyone have some tried and true durable water containers with spigot? Getting tired of buying these containers every year and crossing my fingers it's still full by the time I get to where I'm going.

As far as durability, these are bomb proof. Not sure if you can get a spigot to fit. They make a "consumer" model as well (on the website).

As far as durability, these are bomb proof. Not sure if you can get a spigot to fit. They make a "consumer" model as well (on the website).

You ever use one of these below freezing?
Do you feel like it would offer any protection from freezing?

Stanley makes this for $50 which doesn’t seem like a horrible deal.

Yeti makes this for $300 which is out of my price range and with 6 gallons of water in it I bet that thing weighs like 10,000lbs.

I've had good luck with these ones compared to the square shaped blue ones, if I keep them secure and the spigot inside they've held up well for me, but never left them in the sun or back of truck for extended periods though.
1606065703012.png

Yep I am very familiar with those. If I was looking just for water transport/storage that's absolutely What I would go with. The right move might just be to chase down a spigot that fits.

You ever use one of these below freezing?
Do you feel like it would offer any protection from freezing?

Stanley makes this for $50 which doesn’t seem like a horrible deal.

Yeti makes this for $300 which is out of my price range and with 6 gallons of water in it I bet that thing weighs like 10,000lbs.

I have used them below freezing before. They are really thick, durable plastic but not insulated and need to kept warm/thawed accordingly. Probably a LITTLE less likely to freeze than thin plastic.

On a side note I wish I could find some of the Scepter fuel cans that weren't outrageously priced.......if I had realized while I was on AD I would have "lost" a couple. ;)

On a side note I wish I could find some of the Scepter fuel cans that weren't outrageously priced.......if I had realized while I was on AD I would have "lost" a couple. ;)
Lol no kidding I was thinking the same thing today. I found some"on sale" for ~45 each. Hard to find used too.

Looking at the problem, I am betting that a spigot can be found, or some how rigged, for a reasonable cost. I use the 6 gallon water cans from Wally World since we usually haul our camp trailer to sites without hookup (kinda hard to hunt or fish from those KOA type places). A spigot on one of those would be nice for camp water. Am going to be cogitating on this one a bit...

I have been using one gallon jugs with screw cap lids stored in a milk crate, easy to handle and pour. When empty I refill with tap water. If one springs a leak, just toss it and get a new one, plus you have only a one gallon leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back