Washington Muley

WH, Nice buck! Congratulations!

Curly, "That's right. I think I even felt the effects of the high altitude. The first couple of days that we were hiking around there, my eyes would get a little blurry and it would get hard to focus." Sounds more like a hangover! :D

Here's another picture taken from where I was when I took the shot, the deer was at the edge of the timber in the center of the photo.

Attachments

• pasayten (41).jpg
    pasayten (41).jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 116
WH.....awesome buck man! I know what it takes to get a deer out of there.....but well worth it obviously. Can't remember, did you go with Cascade Outfitters?? Did anyone else in your camp get anything or see many bucks? Congratulations!

WH,,We'll be there the hole season, or until we get two deer...With any luck we should have our deer by Monday..If not we'll stay until we do..

Hunterman(Tony)

cjcj, we were allowed up to 200 pounds each, and what we actually ended up packing in was about 360 pounds. That includes everything...tents, sleeping bags, cots, food, cooking stove, propane heater, propane, rifles, clothes, and other miscellaneous hunting gear. For food we used Mountain House freeze dried food, boy is that stuff good, and convenient, not to mention light! All of our gear was on 3 mules, the other two loaded mules you see in that picture were packing the outfitter's gear in...they had their own camp in there a couple of miles from our camp.

BigHornRam said:
WTG WH. Something is ugly in that photo and it ain't the buck!

LOL..... My Husband is always adorable!!!!!!!

Tony...... If you are hunting Iron Creek, I think he has taken me in that area to go hiking???? It would be real nice to meet up with you and QD...... We just need to some how convince Lindsey to start hunting with us also!!!!

I am getting his antlers put on a plaque...... He is pretty happy with this buck!!!! :D :D :D

Hot damn ..... ya shot a British Columbia buck that went over to Washington for a stroll.

Thats a fine buck and ya got to admit - its sure is a bonus living and hunting washington where you can hunt our giant BC muley bucks that pay you boys a visit !!!

Well, I killed him about 1 mile south of the border. From the ridge I shot from, I could look off to the west and see the swath the Canadians cut through the trees to mark the border, and on the other side I could see roads and clear cuts! I'm curious, how's the hunting and what's the hunting season like on your side of the border from the Pasayten Wilderness? Have you ever hunted there?

Let me remind you ........it was you Americans who put that border line there protecting your country.

Hunting in BC is incredible !! Bar none !! Just ask BCboy !! Long liberal seasons .... 3 buck limits .......

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mallardman1911
Back