WaPo: Popular handgun fires without anyone pulling the trigger, victims say

Isn't that what the SEALs use? Can't imagine they'd go for something that has the possibility of firing without the trigger being pulled...

There's a 50+ page thread on this at pistol-forum. Evidence, discussion, parts breakdown, and expert commentary. It's a thing.
  • SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Can't believe this is in the news again. There were recalls, tests, etc, etc. It's a thing. My impression is that it it is so rare, that it's not much of a concern, but I haven't been following for a few years now.

We just switched to this handgun at work about 6 months ago.
The Sig rep. came to our department and discussed this issue.
Of course, he assured us any issue that MAY have existed in the past has been corrected.
Our lead firearms instructor did quite a bit of research and we did testing before the switch/purchase.
We really like the handgun and we have no reservations about carrying it.

I heard they were designed for special ops "ghost patrol," not for civilian use. Another military weapon gone rogue ... literally. Damn black guns! Ban em, Danno!

Isn't that what the SEALs use? Can't imagine they'd go for something that has the possibility of firing without the trigger being pulled...

SEALs use Glock 19s.

Conventional Army, AF, Navy, Marines adopted the M17 (fullsized) or M18 (compact) versions of the P320. It has been one of my issue weapons for a couple years now, and I never thought I would want my M9 back.

Clarification: One of my main issues with it is how easy it comes out of battery, and then will fail to fire. It is almost like it runs out of spring pressure in the last 1/8-1/4" of the slide cycle, so if you bump the muzzle against a barrier or when reholstering, you run the risk of a weapon that won't fire.

Glocks have the reputation they do for a reason. I'm not a company fan boy of any company for any product type. But it's hard to make a case to leave glock to try new stuff when there was absolutely nothing wrong with the glocks and then there is room for potential issues with new equipment.

The best thing I like about glock is the rock solid design is the same for all their pistols. They change sizing for different lengths, handles, calibers etc. But the design is the exact same. I can Buy a glock whatever and know its going to work.

Sig and every other brand is the opposite. They use a different design for every pistol model. So just because sig had one model that was reliable doesn't mean a different one is at all. Same for Springfield etc. They rely on name recognition to have people assume all their models are good. But it's a case by case basis. My Kahr pistol jammed every mag. My dad's Springfield xds was the same way though not as bad. But those same companies may have good reliable models with no issues.

Oh and you can throw a loaded glock off a roof or drop it on a tile floor. It's not going off. Firing pin is 100% blocked until you pull the trigger. That means alot. I don't want to go to jail for my gun being poorly designed.

Oh and you can throw a loaded glock off a roof or drop it on a tile floor. It's not going off. Firing pin is 100% blocked until you pull the trigger. That means alot. I don't want to go to jail for my gun being poorly designed.
Jail? More likely the hospital...or morgue.

I don't have any Glocks or many other "new model" pistols, but I do have a bunch of other rifles and pistols and not a single one of them has ever fired without someone's finger on their trigger.

I don't have any Glocks or many other "new model" pistols, but I do have a bunch of other rifles and pistols and not a single one of them has ever fired without someone's finger on their trigger.
I guess that’s why this one is so special. Documented instances where the P320 has discharged while it’s not being touched. At least that’s what the examiners are claiming.

I don't know about those M9's. I prefer the Steyr GB

Wow - I forgot that video was NSFW. But then that's the whole movie. Then MRS informed me that a cat getting vaporized by a UD is NOT funny.

Um, OK

Last edited:
I dont point my firearms at myself or others, so an accidental discharge would be very bad but likely not going to kill someone.
If the it's in a holster and it fires while you are wearing it or drawing, there are some large arteries in your legs that are not far away from the muzzle.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back