PEAX Equipment

WallyDog

GatoMan

Do you know if they have transplanted any turkeys along the malheur river recently? Only reason I ask, I have a farm inbetween Ontario-Vale up on a bench off the river, anyways, had 11 turkeys this morning out in one of my feilds, thats a first , lots of good cottonwoods etc in fews draws around for good roost trees with springs that run in them yr round so they might stick around. I thought maybe they came up the malheur from the snake but was just curious if you knew of any birds released between Ontario-Vale area. I know theres several birds along the snake, matter fact seen about 15-20 just north of the nyssa/snake river bridge the other day also.

Gato,
I'm not sure about your side of the Snake, but nothing on the Idaho side.
My hunch is that a wayward group traveled either from the Snake, Boise or Owyhee river corridors. It'll be interesting to see if they set up shop in your neighborhood.
Keep advised. Heading to the shop to start packing for our opener!
It takes me a lot of gear!
WD

Completely natural for turkeys to be ranging 25 miles looking for new habitat. If the food and cover suits them they might stay. I hope they do. If you see poults around there this summer you'll know you've got them for good. That will be home to the poults.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back