Caribou Gear

Wall tent pole transport

Wild Bill

Anyone got a better idea to store and transport wall tent poles? This is the system the fellas we bought our wall tent from used and we haven’t graduated from it yet. Works well but it’s a PITA to do at times. It’s just a couple ratchet straps with tag ends tied together.
Figured there are smarter folks than me that have figured something else out.

Attachments

• 8D605CDD-6E8C-4524-B5FB-1F0A22367FDA.jpeg
    8D605CDD-6E8C-4524-B5FB-1F0A22367FDA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
Anyone got a better idea to store and transport wall tent poles? This is the system the fellas we bought our wall tent from used and we haven’t graduated from it yet. Works well but it’s a PITA to do at times. It’s just a couple ratchet straps with tag ends tied together.
Figured there are smarter folks than me that have figured something else out.
20221029_143930.jpg

The guy I bought my tent from built a cdx plywood box with hinges, it’s super heavy but functional. He also tapes the eave, ridge, and rafter poles for quick assembly

Thanks for the input, guys. There’s an older guy that has done some small hole and zipper repairs for us on the tent before. Might ask him in he can fab up a bag for us. Either that or I’ll try to find someone at the local sewing club. After thinking about it, I’d rather go with a bag than add anymore weight.

My tent has 3 different length poles, so I used green, red, and yellow tape to identify each length. then store them all in a bag. Makes it easy to sort through when setting up. Neil

Everything is on the internet. Bag for speaker/light show conduit piping. Should fit the bill. With shipping comes to about $45. As @JLS says, we evolve. I’ll report back on how it works. BD2A9EE6-142E-48C0-AB07-21581D7BFADB.png

I still just use duct tape, keeping the various sections organized. I’ve two Montana Canvas tents. A 16 and a 20 footer. I use the pole bag on the 16 footer as well but the 20 footer pole bag is just too dang heavy and awkward. The bags are stout.

I have a 3/4" plywood & 2x4 container that I made with compartments that hold the poles. It is pretty big and very heavy. This year instead of loading it into trailer, I took the poles out and duct taped the pipe by length and loaded that way. I will find out if that works in the next week or so.

Well, the bag fits all the poles with plenty of room to spare. Zipper seems fairly stout. Material seems like it’ll last a little while. Handles seem sturdy.
Either way, for the price point I am pretty happy. A lot better than the contraption we had been using. If it lasts 3 years, I’ll call it a win.
9D12A239-552A-42A0-9B3F-83AF1511A237.jpeg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back