MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

VX5HD: Windplex vs. Firedot

JGJohnson

If you were putting a VX5HD 3-15x44 on a 300 WM with plans for a general purpose western hunting rifle (read elk, deer, bear, pronghorn), would you prefer the Windplex or the Firedot for a reticle, and why?

Leupold, if you are listening, maybe we need a Windplex with a Firedot?

Another vote for the windplex, but if you step up to the VX6HD I like the TMOA.

If you are over 50 an illuminated reticle is very nice for older eyes - I won't go back. If you want hash marks for windage get the TMOA illuminated. If not get the FireDot. I have both. I prefer the TMOA, my son prefers the FireDot. Both are great and @schmalts has amazing prices on these higher-end Leupolds.

Agree totally! I now have 2 VX-5HD's, 2 VX-R's, and a VX-Freedom all with the illuminated Fire Dot's. Also agree about contacting @schmalts for great deals on these.

I have a VX-R with firedot windplex on one of my rifles. Leupold isn’t offering the fire dot on the VX-5 with windplex? That said, I like the windplex, but I wish the vertical crosshair was a tad thinner.

I have a VX-R with firedot windplex on one of my rifles. Leupold isn’t offering the fire dot on the VX-5 with windplex? That said, I like the windplex, but I wish the vertical crosshair was a tad thinner.
When they are done re-organizing their custom shop they may be able to help you with that.

I still haven’t figured out why Leupold stopped making the Firedot Windplex. I love firedots but I really like having MOA/Mil hash marks on the horizontal axis.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back