Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

VX-3 vs VX-6

SagebrushSlayer

Has anyone been able to look through or have bought a VX-6? I went into Sportsmans and they didn't have one in stock. Is there that much of a difference between the two besides price?

Looks like a 6:1 zoom ratio and 30mm tube is the difference...haven't looked thru any.

I was looking at these two scopes as well. For the price point of the Z-6, your money is probably better spent on the Swaro Z3, IMO. I think that is what I am going to end up with. Both companies have outstanding customer service and good warranties.

I got to look through a VX-6 the other day and side by side with a VX-3, the difference is crazy. Images were more sharp and brighter. Only wish there was a Z3 to compare it with visually. The scope I looked through was a 2-12 power and was around $830. I hope to get one in the next year!

I've been using a 2-12 VX6 on one of my 7mags since this past sumer. I also have a VX3 3.5-10x40 CDS and a VX3 4.5-14x50 LR w SF CDS. I can't say enough good things about the VX6. I love the VX3's, but the glass is better in the VX6 and is better than the Conquest I have. Everything that is supposed to turn or move does so very smoothly, and the CDS adjustments have been spot on the money from 100-900 and everything in between. My neighbor and hunting buddy has a Swaro A (same as Z3) and the glass in the VX6 is every bit as good IMO as the Swaro. The VX6 also has 20MOA per one turn of the turret, the VX3 has 14MOA. Difference between the 1" and 30mm tube. I guide hunts part time during the seasons and have seen lots and lots of glass. The VX6 is very, very impressive compared to stuff that's 2x the cost. But the most impressive thing about the VX6 is how user friendly it is, especially at higher mags. The eyebox is very non-critical and very easy to get behind. As a matter of fact it 's the most user friendly variable I've ever used. Hope that helps some.

Thanks JG! I really would like to get one. I was just offered a barely used VX-3 CDS for a good price and now am thinking I shouldn't pass it up.

I've been using a 2-12 VX6 on one of my 7mags since this past sumer. I also have a VX3 3.5-10x40 CDS and a VX3 4.5-14x50 LR w SF CDS. I can't say enough good things about the VX6. I love the VX3's, but the glass is better in the VX6 and is better than the Conquest I have. Everything that is supposed to turn or move does so very smoothly, and the CDS adjustments have been spot on the money from 100-900 and everything in between. My neighbor and hunting buddy has a Swaro A (same as Z3) and the glass in the VX6 is every bit as good IMO as the Swaro. The VX6 also has 20MOA per one turn of the turret, the VX3 has 14MOA. Difference between the 1" and 30mm tube. I guide hunts part time during the seasons and have seen lots and lots of glass. The VX6 is very, very impressive compared to stuff that's 2x the cost. But the most impressive thing about the VX6 is how user friendly it is, especially at higher mags. The eyebox is very non-critical and very easy to get behind. As a matter of fact it 's the most user friendly variable I've ever used. Hope that helps some.

Useful info...thanks much.

Back