Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Vortex viper HD 12x50 reviews?

redwoood

Anyone have any experience with these particular binos? I've made up my mind I'm getting them but just curious how they handle in the field as far as size is concerned. Would also like to know which bino harness you use with them.
Thanks

Yes I have a pair. They are fine for the money. A little trouble holding them steady while standing. If I really want to pick mountain side apart I will sit down and rest them on a log or with my elbows on my knees. I am looking for a lite tri pod for them but just one more thing to carry in an already full pack. They are big and fairly heavy, but I like them. I got the largest Alaska Guide Creation pouch for them. I just looked at the pouck but the model isn't on them. I perused their websight and found the pouch that would handle 12 by 50. The AGC bino pouch worked great. Held my small camera, range finder and flip phone along with the binos.
I would buy the Vortex Viper HD 12 x 50 again knowing what I know now. Got them on ebay for 500. will use them until such time I feel I need to empty my
wallet for a set of swaro EL range with the range finder in them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back