Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

vortex talon

pseshooter300

I been considering getting a pair of these. Got to look at them yesterday. My real question is could i use these and get by without a spotting scope?

vortex talons

i use a pair of 8x42 in cojunction with a pair of 15x56 kiabab.it probably am in the minority but i would rather use a bi set of binos instead of a spotter.for the money i would put the talons against any in its price range.

i use a pair of 8x42 in cojunction with a pair of 15x56 kiabab.it probably am in the minority but i would rather use a bi set of binos instead of a spotter.for the money i would put the talons against any in its price range.

I'm the same way on binoc vs spotters, for some reason I see much better using both eyes. Even tried using astronomy bionculars this year, huge 25x100's. They were sweet for spotting antelope but too big to carry very far or even maneuver in the truck. Been thinking of trying a pair of vortex binos with the 2x doubler on both lenses instead of a spotter.

BTW there is a used set of Vortex Talons in 10x42 for $350 on ebay.

Last edited:
I was sold on the Talons until I was able to buy the new Zeiss Conquest HD's for just a little but more (program at work)

I still might get a pair for my son though

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back