Vortex Diamondback vs. Viper

Flatlander3

So I am no expert on binoculars but know a little about them. I am wondering if the 280$ price difference between the Vortex 10x42 Diamondbacks and the 10x42 Vipers is worth it. I know everyone says buy the best glass you can buy, but is there a real noticable difference between these?

Look into the Theron Questas. Excellent glass for less money than Vortex. Predator optics is a sponsor here and you can't beat Pat's customer service. Don't get hung up on brand names.

I sold my Diamondbacks for vipers and would never go back. They are well worth the extra money.
I did the same. No complaints about them. There are options for discounts too, dont forget that.

I ran the diamondbacks for a few years and when I was ready to upgrade I looked at the vipers pretty hard, bu.t didn't feel I was gaining enough over what I had so went up to the next level; zeiss conquests. As the saying goes, buy the best glass you can afford. The viper is better no doubt but its not a "jaw dropping" difference over the diamondbacks. If you can afford the vipers go with them, some other great options out there as well other than vortex

Do the "Therons" have a no question asked warranty? Vortex does have a good warranty. You'll see the quality difference at low light on the Vipers compared to the Diamonds. Vipers seem to be brighter/clearer for last 20 min. of day. Like most optics, you won't see the difference in the middle of the day looking across the store your in. Also check out ebay or classifieds. A lot of better glass can be found as guys upgrade for whatever reason.

Save yourself some money and buy Maven C1s which are better than the Vipers. But, if you have to go Vortex, definitely try to go with the Vipers. If glassing is important to your hunting, you want clarity, light gathering, etc.

However, you could make do and function pretty well with the Diamondbacks if needed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back