PEAX Equipment

VIHTAVUORI N555

Addicting

I’ve been messing with this and am extremely impressed. It is marketed for the Creedmoor but it is doing wonders in what I’ve tried it in. It’s accurate and fast, on par with RL16 but smaller and denser. So far in velocity testing it has been the fastest powder I’ve tried.

The 24.5” barreled 260ai pushed a Barnes 127g to 3131fps.

The 24” Barreled 300 Sherman will push a 180g Accubonds over 3100fps.

It’s still readily available but I would imagine as more reloaders find out it has RL26 properties for lighter for caliber loads it will be come unobtainable.

If your shooting the .308 or 30/06 parent case cartridges do yourself a favor and pick up a pound.

Last edited:
Vihtavuori have been viewed as expensive powders. Just nobody tell Don, cuz cup & core and old ball powders do all you will ever need.

I never much thought about price. I would hate to think about price if I started adding up all the stuff in my reloading room.

I agree - I view it as just another expensive hobby.

After joining a golf club and paying membership fees, I wonder what it costs per golf shot taken by a typical member? I'm guessing that premium powder and bullets per shot is still cheaper than golf per shot. It might be funny to see how these hobbies compare with each other. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back