Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Vent Line

Elkhunter

BOSTON (Reuters) - Licensed mental health professionals are steamed over a Maine entrepreneur who charges angry people $1.99 a minute to listen to them rant and rave over the telephone.

Philip Doyen receives between 10 and 20 phone calls a week to "Vent-Line," a service he launched in February that allows callers to blow off steam -- at a price.

But some professional counseling services aren't happy about Doyen's business and are urging prosecutors to investigate whether he is breaking any state laws, the Portland Press Herald newspaper reported on Tuesday.

"For some people, venting is going to upset them more," Leslie Brancato of the Community Counseling Center in Portland, Maine, told the paper. "That he's charging $1.99 a minute is, in my opinion, totally exploitative."

Doyen, who works as a computer repairman when not operating Vent-Line, says he has dozens of customers along the U.S. East Coast.

"I'm in it for the money, like everybody else," the Press Herald quoted him as saying. "If it helps people, great."

Yep, I could see where the Psycobabolists would be ticked because this guy is getting a few bucks for a service they charge hundreds for... Way to go and show others that living the American dream for less is still alive and well.... :D

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back