Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Validation Needed for GMU681 & GMU068 Colorado 4th Rifle Season

Good Afternoon All,

Earlier in the season I shared so much information with other members regarding areas for GMU82, GMU54, GMU4, GMU86; Now, I just need somewhat of a validation or any tips from someone who hunted GMU681 or GMU68.
Due to Army training, we were not able to hunt Elk 1st rifle season. We 2 bull tags for GMU681 & GMU068 for 4th season rifle. I have done my plan, e-Scouting, Spots within the Spots but I have never hunted this area before, especially for 4th season. We hunted 3rd season up in GMU4 (Craig,CO) and saw plenty of Elk down load. GMU681 and GMU068 have plenty of BLM areas at lower elevations, some near huge farming circles. I have no problem navigating those BLM/Public vs Private boundaries; we use OnXMaps.

In Summary here you have a basic overview of our plan. Any advice, validation or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Camp: We rented a trailer home at San Luis Valley Campground. Plenty of room, near our hunting area, showers within the trailer home and also additional showers within the camp. Furthermore, this location has a walk-in cooler for storage of game.

Zone 1 (GMU681): Trickle Mountain.

Zone 2 (GMU681) 2: Middle Creek North.

Zone 3 (GMU068): Tracy Canyon

Anyone who has any experience with this area (even if it was for 3rd or 2nd rifle season)??? You can PM me if you want to share. Thank you in advance for your time and information. I’m planning to drive to location next Tuesdays, one day before opening day. - ColoradoHunter719

Last edited:
Seriously, almost 100 views and nobody has anything to share??? I hope you are not thinking that I'm asking for your Honey Holes. I’m just looking to see if anybody has any experiences with these GMUs; specially GMU681 since that's my main area. Thanks in advance for any info. - ColoradoHunter719

Last edited:
🤷‍♂️seriously I wish you well but I have never been in those units but I think I've looked this thread 3 times just to see what we are validating lol. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back