Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Vacation

Muleyfanatic

Put in for vacation last week for the last 3 weeks in October going for elk in Wyoming and pheasant in SD. Owner of the company called today flipping the freak out about it stating we have some big jobs coming up that are going to start in October. He didn't like my reply (I work to support my vacations). We'll see where it goes from here but either way come mid October I will be in the mountains enjoying myself.

Put in for vacation last week for the last 3 weeks in October going for elk in Wyoming and pheasant in SD. Owner of the company called today flipping the freak out about it stating we have some big jobs coming up that are going to start in October. He didn't like my reply (I work to support my vacations). We'll see where it goes from here but either way come mid October I will be in the mountains enjoying myself.

gotta tell you MuleyFanatic, if I was your boss I would freak out too if I was asked for 3 weeks off with a months notice. Holy crap, tell the man earlier so he has some time to plan.

Sounds like a awesome time though. Wish I could talk a few of my buddies into going to South Dakota for some roosters.

I had talked with him about back in February when the draw results came out; but had not put it in writing. I guess when you see that amount on the calander it looks excessive.

I had talked with him about back in February when the draw results came out; but had not put it in writing. I guess when you see that amount on the calander it looks excessive.

Got it, sorry.

You definitely get vacation time so you can use it.

Of course the owner wanted you at work, so he could make more money..we spend the best portion of our adult lives at work, so why the heck wouldn't you take holidays during hunting season. Screw him and his issues, he will cope, the company or business will keep ticking over and others might cover whilst you are away.
I despise bosses who make employees feel guilty for taking leave during busy or important times. If it is owed, then it is their right to take it when they should.
Heck i could walk into work tomorrow and ask for a week off and i would get it...but then again things are pretty different over here in OZ with vacations and leave entitlements.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back