Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

UTV Tire Chains

tillicant

Seems like I add a little to my trailer every year. Looking into having a set of chains for the UTV, just in case.
Seems like some are sold as a set of two, rears.
Would that be sufficient?
Polaris ranger 570

I would think you would be able to pick up the back end and move it over if you got stuck - therefore eliminating the need for chains. Also your winch comes in handy to help.

I would think you would be able to pick up the back end and move it over if you got stuck - therefore eliminating the need for chains. Also your winch comes in handy to help.
'Don't know where you hunt, but in Montana the snow and mud gets deep enough that chains are a requirement on my Polaris RZR ... or it would go nowhere for several winter months.
BTW, 'not sure of your brute strength, but no way I could lift my UTV.
Ergo, I recommend chains installed on rear for winter months. After snow accumulates and packs more densely, then it's time for snowshoes or snowmobile.

It is snowy and muddy where I live. I have a Polaris General XP1000 and 2 of us can easily pick up the back of the buggy and set it over. Once you start getting high centered chains don't matter much.
Feel free to buy want you need.

Once the snow shows up and the ice starts, my older RZR 800 has chains on all 4's for the duration of the winter. Pretty much needed for plowing when things get icy and really helps when you get off the beaten path.

I got my UTV stuck last year when we Received that 25” of snow for Elk opener here in MT. Will be ordering a more aggressive set of tires this year. The chains made little to no difference, but could be helpful in the right situation.

Thanks-all.
Figured I was buying them, I know I could pick it up and move it over,(tormenter) but then there would be that chance of re-injuring the rotator. Live & learn.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back