Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Utah Wasatch Bull Elk hunt& Arizona 11m archery Bull elk hunt

huntbux

My father has drawn the Wasatch zone in Utah for a muzzle loader hunt. Does anyone have any info they could help him out with to get him his 1st bull elk. He has also drawn Arizona 11m archery bull elk, any info for either zone would be much appreciated.
Thank you all

Be careful asking these guys for advice on that tag. ;)

The guys who have hunted it in the past might lead your father astray. They claim it is crowded, shot out, difficult, etc., but they sure have pictures of some great bulls for it being such a crappy unit.

Really, you can probably take what they tell you as the gospel. I am just jealous that I can't draw that tag in the random draw.

Be careful asking these guys for advice on that tag. ;)

The guys who have hunted it in the past might lead your father astray. They claim it is crowded, shot out, difficult, etc., but they sure have pictures of some great bulls for it being such a crappy unit.

Really, you can probably take what they tell you as the gospel. I am just jealous that I can't draw that tag in the random draw.

He hasn't drawn an elk tag for any state and has been putting in for 10 years or more and drew 2 in the same year. Hope I can find him some help on here and get him signed up.

Hunted the Wasatch tag with a friend of mine last year. His wife had drawn the tag. She ended up shooting a 5x6 320ish class bull. We bugled him into 30 yards and he put on a great show. We actually had a couple of bigger bulls en route to us, but, she couldn't handle the wait and decided to go ahead and shoot. It was her tag, her first bull, and she was happy with her decision. It is a great hunt and there are good bulls in there. The hunters seemed concentrated though, don't be surprised to see other people.

Was hoping that someone would have some more info about this zone. Please if you have any info you are willing to share it would be greatly appreciated. I would be willing to trade some info on Nevada or California. Thank you

Just for your information the muzzy deer hunt will be going on at the same time as your LE hunt. There will definately be other folks all over the mountain during your hunt. I have also hunted many parts of the wasatch for 20 years I will PM you some places I would get a good map of and start your planning. Congrats to your Pop for drawing the tag and best wishes.

AZ 11M is out my back door. Its kind of a strange hunt being so close to town and all. Too be honest with you though there is potential to shoot a really nice bull on that hunt. Even with the amount of tags and the limited space there is potential to get away from people too. Tell him good luck this year, sounds like he will be busy..

Jay

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back