MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Utah Research Question

I said he'd never draw in the top point pool, meaning one of the 50% of the tags given to those with the most points for a unit. (Obviously there are units like North Cache and Meadowville that are exceptions.) It's possible that if he's young enough he could work his way up there, but I still think it's unlikely. I'm in the same boat.

He could very well draw one of the 50% of tags that go out in the random bonus point draw. Odds aren't great, but they aren't impossible, either, as your friends have proven. Those are the tags I go for. Now, I just need a little luck!

No one should ever apply for Meadowville unless they plan on spending 10k or so to the Kearns for private land access.

North Cache on the other hand is a good unit for a wilderness hunter during the rut.

If you were going to choose a second unit to not apply too, it would be the Pausaugunt Elk for me.

As somebody that lives on the N Cache, don't apply there. Buy an OTC tag in Idaho and you'll be far better off. Very low success rate on N Cache, and even smaller bulls.

Here's the dirty secret... If you buy a license today and apply early in the draw period next year, you can actually get two application periods in on one license and save $65.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back