MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Using onx chips

Millsworks

When using an onx chip in your hand held gps, can you view the map when you are not in the state that the chip is for?
I have a Garmin Oregon 600t, and a Wyoming chip. Both I purchased separately and both are used.
The chip shows in my map index , but when I choose to view the Wyoming chip map, I just have a blank screen. Even if I pan over to where the state is located on the world or US map.
This stuff is all new to me, but I am thinking my gosh may need a software update to use the chip.
Anyone have experience similar to this when they tried our the onx chip.
Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
Technology is not my strong suit. And this is my first time using a hand held gps.
Hate to get to the hunting area only to find I have a problem.
I assume that as long as the chip is installed and the option is there in the index of the GPS, then it should work once I get in the area it is for.
I hope.

I am pretty sure you can. I think you just scroll to the map you wanna view and increase the view

You may want to check your chip and/or your gps. You don’t have to be in that State for it to show up. I’m in Alabama and can look at my Wyoming chip in my gps.

Yep.......
Not working. Well CRAP......
After messages from Garmin and Onx, it seems my GPS needs a software update.
And no, of course it isn't free as Garmin advertised.
To get it done they want $100 bucks.
Guess that's why it was cheap on eBay. But I will never understand why stuff like that costs so much.
My unit has several types of maps loaded onto it. But the software is outdated, they said.
It has apparently never been updated since it was new in 2015.
Thanks for the replies.
Just my luck though. A hundred bucks takes me some hard work to come by. It will have to wait a week or two.

Yep.......
Not working. Well CRAP......
After messages from Garmin and Onx, it seems my GPS needs a software update.
And no, of course it isn't free as Garmin advertised.
To get it done they want $100 bucks.
Guess that's why it was cheap on eBay. But I will never understand why stuff like that costs so much.
My unit has several types of maps loaded onto it. But the software is outdated, they said.
It has apparently never been updated since it was new in 2015.
Thanks for the replies.
Just my luck though. A hundred bucks takes me some hard work to come by. It will have to wait a week or two.
I don't know anything about that particular model, but the garmin I have is WAY older than 2015, has never been updated, and works fine with my OnX chip.
You said you have several other map programs on it, maybe one of those is somehow interfering?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back