Upland 2022

That’s a good idea for this weekend with it being so hot. I saw some while scouting last weekend.

Nice! I looking for ruffs, figured the heat would kill the dogs if we went looking for blues. Missed finding birds, new pup met black bear for first time.

Nice! I looking for ruffs, figured the heat would kill the dogs if we went looking for blues. Missed finding birds, new pup met black bear for first time.
I got an early start this morning with the dog. Plenty of water breaks, and working the shade when possible. After three hours I could tell he was pooped ...black coat tough, but at least he is a slick.
We got blanked, but both got some good mountain exercise.

Been doing short runs in the morning the past couple weeks. Finding birds, nice point on sharpies today, but still just training flights with my falcon so not flying them and releasing the dogs to flush after holding point a few minutes. I didn’t release the dogs today, flushed them myself instead - early season sharptail are so dumb, practically had to kick them. Good to see birds around.

Huns yesterday, and then 40 or so huns in 2 coveys this morning. This morning's would have been great to fly with the young falcon as a lot of them were still tiny and not all that great of fliers. They werent in a flyable spot, tho - too close to the end of the BMA/bench with a fence between. Dogs dont care, tho, they were happy pointing all the birds.

My old griff found the huns today. Same spot, its a good place for training flights with the falcon. The little vizsla went running off at 900mph, as she does, and missed the huns 50 yards away (downwind) from the vehicle. They were not far off the fence, right at the BMA edge again - they must have been blasted at a few times and know where they can go for relief. First point the griff has gotten before the pup in a couple seasons. Falcon flew great, he is a couple weeks out from me putting him up over a point (not these huns, tho, if they keep living their life on that fenceline).

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back