[Update] Pronghorn around Badlands of SD

S.Dak Drifter

Anyone here ever hunted for antelope around the Badlands? I drew a tag for this area and it happens to be my first ever pronghorn tag. That being said, any information is very appreciated, thanks!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

September 29th Update:
I tagged out on a nice buck by 11 am on opening morning. Far and wide one of the best hunting experiences I have had so far. It may have been cold, windy, and rainy but my hard work payed off!

20190928_194545.jpg

Last edited:
I hunt around there and our family ranch is in the area. Antelope numbers are down quite a bit from a couple years ago following our tough winter and focusing on water isn't the ticket this year. Be prepared for crowds and alot of driving

You should have a great hunt. There are lots of animals this year.Are you on private or public land?

Public, hunting end of season though. Flying into Rapid on the 9th and will have the 10-13 to get it done. I also have a region 7 MT tag so I will hop the state line if I get tagged out in SD and try and get a buck there too. Should be a fun trip!

Public, hunting end of season though. Flying into Rapid on the 9th and will have the 10-13 to get it done. I also have a region 7 MT tag so I will hop the state line if I get tagged out in SD and try and get a buck there too. Should be a fun trip!

Haven’t hunted there for awhile but there used to be good numbers. Take your GPS and put the atlas on it. Good luck man !

Hey OP, nice work on the buck! 👍😃 I like the stories involving sub-par conditions be they weather, terrain or any other sort of limitation.

Good goat man! Glad you were able to connect on one! Funny how quick a hunt for goats can be over! I got mine last year by noon on opener! Still a real fun hunt IMO!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back