Unit 77 Idaho Moose

bigharge

Well my 11 yr old and I finally made it to Idaho this week. Had a little setback in Salt Lake (van blew a motor and is having to get replaced) but luckily budget rental car had a truck for us to rent so we decided to keep on with the adventure. Couldnt let a bad situation ruin a once in a lifetime tag, lol

We have spent the last few days trying to scout, glass, call, and get our bearings together. Unfortunately we have yet to see anything that resembles a moose. If anyone on here is from that area and has any pointers, advice, areas to check, or even a moose tied up on a post somewhere we would appreciate the help. Will be here for at least the week and maybe longer depending on how long it takes our van to get fixed. Good luck to everyone else out there

Well my 11 yr old and I finally made it to Idaho this week. Had a little setback in Salt Lake (van blew a motor and is having to get replaced) but luckily budget rental car had a truck for us to rent so we decided to keep on with the adventure. Couldnt let a bad situation ruin a once in a lifetime tag, lol

We have spent the last few days trying to scout, glass, call, and get our bearings together. Unfortunately we have yet to see anything that resembles a moose. If anyone on here is from that area and has any pointers, advice, areas to check, or even a moose tied up on a post somewhere we would appreciate the help. Will be here for at least the week and maybe longer depending on how long it takes our van to get fixed. Good luck to everyone else out there

I was really hoping to help you out because we saw a bull moose on our Idaho trip, but it was not in your unit. Sorry man, best of luck.

I think that is quite an accomplishment regardless of the size. To share the experience with your son makes it even better. Congratulations!

Congrads on the Moose !
You cant deny the look on his Face ! Great job Dad ! You guys have a once in a lifetime memory!
Mom must be so proud of both of you guys!
Thanks for sharing your adventure !

MT.PERCHMAN

That's a great picture! Congrats! Would love to hear more of the story if you want to share.

Heck yes! Congrats on the successful hunt and the lesson in determination / persistence for your son. I'd say that's a great trophy! The memories will last a life time and you'll both appreciate every last bite. Wishing you many, many more successful hunts.

Good on you for taking a "sticky"situation and turning into a lifetime of memories.
Just the antlers on the wall will say it all!🔥

We just got off the Mtn in 77 looking for deer. We saw a moose right at dark. He’s probably a 155-160 class bull. I was thinking of this thread and just logged on to see you’d tagged out. Congrats. Here’s a pic for you. AAF041C3-1BA0-48DB-A10D-DA1BB6D6C9E2.jpeg

Dang, that's a definitely a good one, hopefully someone else with a tag this year or next will get to experience the joy of shooting him. All I know is this one we cut up sure tastes delicious...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back