Unit 64 and 65 colorado

Hello,

I am a new to Hunt-Talk. I live in WI and my son is stationed in CO. We are considering a 1st season elk hunt in 2021. A friend grew up on a ranch in Unit 65 but that was many years ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and direct messaging is fine.

Thanks! JRPick

I would keep a good look at what the winter does in western Colorado. We had a horrible summer of no rain. The winter range doesn’t seem to have much feed. If we get a bad winter there might be a pretty bad winter kill. I live in montrose and hunted 65 for rifle bear, second and third seasons this year (deer tags for me and my wife). There was a lot of hunting and camping pressure, more then ive ever seen it. It really made me second guess my hunting strategy for the near future.

Thanks for the reply AJ! A friend hunted 71 during 1st rifle in 2019 and said it was bone dry as well. I will watch the weather reports for Western Colorado and pray for the moisture to keep healthy herds.

How'd your hunt go? We stayed last year at silver jack reservoir in a little cabin that gets rented out was a great place to hunt out of.

How'd your hunt go? We stayed last year at silver jack reservoir in a little cabin that gets rented out was a great place to hunt out of.
It's been 2 years dude.

Tap the username and you'll see if they are still around

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back