Yeti GOBOX Collection

unit 57/58 colorado elk 1st sea rifle?

dan.kirkpatrick

Ive been eyeballing this unit and might put in this year?at 39 pct public land,im wondering how the public access is?its a eastmans geen chip unit,"but d rating for access",wondering if anybody has any "boots on the ground" on this unit??shows a decent success rate,,ect,,have fished around the web what i can find,,but am wondering about access on the state trust lands and blm to the south end of the unit and if private land holders block up the main access ways in?looks like if i have my gps and chip ive got a fair chance,, but sometimes there are suprizes "gates" once you show up

I have never hunted it, but have spent some time in the unit. I don't remember running in to any surprise gates, but you will need to have onX or be good with a map to know where you are. There is quite a bit of private in both units, but more so 58. I think if you look at the success rates and compare the two units, you will see that typically 58 runs a little better. I'm sure you can figure out why that is pretty easily.

has anybody out there been able to get around in the waugh mtn state trust land areas?looks like access ther may be questionable with some of the private around it?does anybody know if waugh mtn road goes all the way thru to co rd 2?Ive been loking the unit over pretty well,but hard to tell on some of the public access points.also the blm stuff on the south end of 58,,access tips,if anybody has been there,,,thanks.

Colorado State trust lands aren't public. Unless the Colorado DOW leases the land and opens it up for hunting/fishing it is effectively private land. Waugh is open for hunting but all the other state land around it is not. Id probably stick to more of the blm or nf land because the swa's tend to get hit hard at least what I've seen.

if anybody has any ideas on unit 58,please shoot me a pm,,thanks,,,im thinkin mainly hunt the n f areas,but there isnt a whole lot of n f.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back